Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a powered sub woofer and I plan on connecting it to the rear speaker channel provided by the up fitters connection. Question: will connecting the sub using the high level inputs to the rear speakerterminals damage my unit? Any advice ?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on turning them on. Want to know if anyone has done it and had a problem or if it screwed up the radio, they are expensive.
Are you saying it will work or not work, when I turn them on?

·
Registered
174 Posts
It will not affect the headunit at all. If you have the Uconnect 5.0 RA2, you will need to have the dealer turn on the rear speakers. There was information on this forum how to do it yourself, but I would advise against it. Also note, if you splice any wires to the radio and something goes wrong with the radio it will not be under dealer warranty. This happened to me. Since you have the upfitters connection terminals then you have a place to plug into, which is simple.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,708 Posts
Why would you advise against using the do it yourself method?
As soon as a fix for the rear speaker software update was posted on the forum (GaryBIS perhaps?) I asked my dealer to do it with posted instructions in hand... a quick fix.

Given a choice, I prefer to have the dealer "screw something up then have to fix it" to "doing it myself and convincing the dealer to fix it".

And.... the service dept didn't charge me to do it! :D Apparently not always the case. >:D

Ed

·
Registered
258 Posts
I plan on turning them on. Want to know if anyone has done it and had a problem or if it screwed up the radio, they are expensive.
Are you saying it will work or not work, when I turn them on?
I've been installing for 20+ years.. if you do it right then no you will never have a problem. Head unit will not be damaged in any way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts