Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've got my refrigerator. It's got a connector I haven't seen before (see pictures). What do I do with it? I've got a cigarette-lighter type receptacle, so I guess I need an adapter, but since I don't know what this connector is called, I'm not sure how to find it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
KOV just installed a Truckfrig 4.2 Cu Ft and he should be on soon.... wait for it.

Reactions: Julie Rehmeyer

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
You could, but since you have a pig tail wire why not add a switch somewhere in the circuit and wire it directly and avoid the unreliable cigarette lighter socket? I used one on my Norcold NR751 and would not again. The switch lets you shut off the refrigerator w/o resetting the knob inside. Use the plug and its pig tail so you can unplug the refrig. to remove it.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Er, because I'm not sure how to wire it directly! I just got the van back from the guys who did the solar install, and I'm still trying to figure out how things work. (Ideally, I would have been intimately involved with all this, but life has imposed some unfortunate limitations lately.) Can you step me through it? I assume I need to connect it to the fuse box, right?

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Extend the Red wire to positive source at your fuse box after a simple switch in that wire. Extend the Black wire to your ground Buss bar or to a ground on the chassis. Use 14 gauge wire bought in red and black to avoid confusion. If you have a long run put it in smurf tube.
See:
https://www.amazon.com/HOTSYSTEM-Ro...id=1501004340&sr=8-10&keywords=12+volt+switch
https://www.amazon.com/GAUGE-GROUND...4522&sr=1-2&keywords=14+gauge+automotive+wire
http://www.homedepot.com/p/1-2-in-x...PIPHorizontal1_rr-_-202765924-_-100569078-_-N
H-D would have the wire too!

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Mine are up high labeled, and all grouped together near my RV converter, power source and fuses and ground bus bar so no reason to cover it but in a fighter jet the EJECT button does have a positive cover so I hear ya!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Truck fridge should have included the mate to that plug. They did with mine.

If someone installed solar on your van I would expect there to be a connection point or fuse block.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm slowly figuring things out here. Truckfridge did not include a connector that would go into the fuse block. Can anyone clue me into what that kind of connector is called, so that I can get what I need?

Seems like everything was done fine -- the only problem is my cluelessness!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm slowly figuring things out here. Truckfridge did not include a connector that would go into the fuse block. Can anyone clue me into what that kind of connector is called, so that I can get what I need?

Seems like everything was done fine -- the only problem is my cluelessness!
I would suggest contacting Truck fridge for the mating connector.

Depending on the fuse block you might be able to strip the end of the Wire and curl it around the screw post or you may need to attach a connector. Do you have a picture or model number of your fuse block?

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Technically they are called blade terminals and can be female to accept the blade. Ring and spade are like the first. The folks at the hardware store, on amazon, and everywhere else will take you to the blade terminals if you say spade.
Technically a flat file is called a Bas tard (one word) but no one uses that name either. Just don’t confuse them with Butt connectors which are something else! LOL

See:https://www.amazon.com/Ginsco-Insul...id=1501105890&sr=8-3&keywords=spade+terminals

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,208 Posts
Strange, I just installed a TF130 and it came with # 14 wires attached to the fridge and a connector with SN attached pigtail. I just wired it in to my fuse box and ground. As everyone says it's just a push on wire connector that slides over a spade terminal on the fridge and you should have recieved it with the fridge. Just make your own up it's a lot easier.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts