Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1000 mile weekend in the 2014 PM1500 hi top gasser! Took it out to Swananoah NC to camp and see friends at a sidecar rally. 65-70 mph most of the way there. 21.6 mpg. Ran like a dream! Just got home this evening. I'll unpack the rest of the van tomorrow! Full size bed in the back was very comfy. Screened side windows were perfect for the 65 degree nights. All in all, a great trip!

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
The MsNomers are trying to get in the Guiness
Book of Records for cross-country travel I believe :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm glad you had a good trip, but if you're going to visit Swannanoa, you need to learn to spell it correctly. :laugh:
No I don't! After twenty years of going there every year, I can do it in my sleep! I don't even have to type it into my GPS.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I admire you folks that can afford longer vacations. Realize I am a disabled vet on a tight budget. A thousand mile weekend is a big trip for me.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,802 Posts
The MsNomers are trying to get in the Guiness
Book of Records for cross-country travel I believe :)
It's just the penalty paid for living in the middle of nowhere. A side effect is that we've gone 10,000 miles and no oil change light yet, though we will change it soon anyway.

·
Registered
221 Posts
No I don't! After twenty years of going there every year, I can do it in my sleep! I don't even have to type it into my GPS.
For the past 27 years I have lived within 10 miles of Swannanoa, NC. Still, I look up the spelling every once in a while. It's tricky. :laugh:

·
Registered
221 Posts
to camp and see friends at a sidecar rally
A guy I play soccer with (Brad) has a couple of Soviet-era motorcycles, one with a sidecar. I don't know if he goes to sidecar rallies, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Perhaps you know him?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A guy I play soccer with (Brad) has a couple of Soviet-era motorcycles, one with a sidecar. I don't know if he goes to sidecar rallies, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. Perhaps you know him?
I don't remember a Brad there. But tell him to look up the Soviet Steeds forum on FB and the web! Great group. We have rallies all over the country.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't remember a Brad there. But tell him to look up the Soviet Steeds forum on FB and the web! Great group. We have rallies all over the country.
I haven't seen him for a year or so, but I'll try to remember to mention it when I see him next.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I admire you folks that can afford longer vacations. Realize I am a disabled vet on a tight budget. A thousand mile weekend is a big trip for me.

Glad you enjoyed your trip! and Thank You for your service! our service men and woman are grossly undercompensated and under appreciated for their sacrifices, Especially those who fought in war and risked everything!

Cheers to many more great trips for you sir!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts