Ram Promaster Forum banner

Compass no longer works

270 5
I have a 2017 Promaster 2500 and the compass feature stopped working, it says it’s acquiring a signal. I’m on a 6 month roadtrip and it worked fine until the past two states. Does anybody have any fixes or know what is wrong?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,426 Posts
AZ is definitely in la la land when it comes to the gps’s in older Promasters. Sometimes as much as 5 or 6 days and hours off.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
If it can't acquire a (GPS) signal, I doubt it's Arizona's fault. It may be a problem with the satellite antenna, that little black plastic bump on the roof above the drivers seat. Does it look damaged? Has anyone been working under the dash recently or removed the headliner and upper shelf? They could have accidentally damaged or unplugged the antenna wire.

If you happen to have a Garmin (or other) GPS unit. Many of those also have a compass function. We prefer the one on our Garmin to the PM's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it can't acquire a (GPS) signal, I doubt it's Arizona's fault. It may be a problem with the satellite antenna, that little black plastic bump on the roof above the drivers seat. Does it look damaged? Has anyone been working under the dash recently or removed the headliner and upper shelf? They could have accidentally damaged or unplugged the antenna wire.

If you happen to have a Garmin (or other) GPS unit. Many of those also have a compass function. We prefer the one on our Garmin to the PM's.
Thank you Steve, I’ll check the antenna and see if I can find some thing wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts