Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Made it Castle Rock this morning. 75 deg and 15% humidity. I'm moving. Just a little over 2000 miles and van worked perfectly. Not all together thrilled with the power but it gets the job done. Averaged 18.3 for the total distance. Best tank was 20.3 but that was with a direct 20 mph tailwind. Some pics shortly. By the way, gas mileage figure is one less than dash.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First camp spot. Rampart Range just west of Castle Rock. Moving west to maybe Bueno Vista. Went up Pike's Peak Friday on the bike. Can't even think of racing that. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
888 Posts
yikes, sleeping at 8800 feet. This florida boy would probably have altitude headaches.

It sure looks beautiful Larry.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,682 Posts
My thought exactly. I'd probably be barfing. I've hiked at 17,700 no problem, but I got there s-l-o-w-l-y.

But grndO looks like he made it fine. Maiden voyages are sooo sweet.

·
Registered
625 Posts
yikes, sleeping at 8800 feet. This florida boy would probably have altitude headaches.

It sure looks beautiful Larry.
On my recent trip cross country I ended up spending a short night at the summit of Wolf Creek Pass at 11,000 feet. Being that I live at 300 feet, and it was only a day or so to drive up there, I was worried about headaches and lack of sleep. Was only there for about four hours, but I slept quite well in the van.

·
Super Moderator
443 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shower set up. Heat water in solar bag, works great, transfer to jug with 12v pump with long hose with spray nozzle. Have container that shower curtains tuck into. Have a collapsible holahoop suspended from ceiling and regular rings. Just dump collected water. Can set up in 5 minutes.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts