8,827 Posts

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,449 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
The units sold at High End Motorsports and at Eurocampers both appear to be the ones made by Heatshield. I ordered mine from Heatshield; $80 and free shipping for the windshield and driver/passenger windows. The fit well and work very well as front curtains and as insulation. They are bulky to store, but we have plenty of room in the above-cab area to store them. You could make your own using reflectix, I suppose, but they are a reasonable price given that they are well made, fit perfectly and work--and one issue with making your own on some of this is both the time and expense of failed attempts. The downside to the heatshields that I see is not the expense but the relative bulk when stored; the front windshield rolls to a tube of about 3" diameter by maybe 30" long; the two side windows fit together and roll to about the same diameter and maybe 24".

We've had our van sitting out in the hot sun all day while we hike. We have windows all around and thermostatic fan. With curtains drawn and the heatshields in place, the fan keeps the van at a tolerable temp when we return.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
One nice thing about High End Motorsports is they will custom make any window at the normal pricing for similar ones. I had the slider and rear windows made from my patterns and the two custom awning windows I added. Total for 8 windows was about $180 about $22/window and 5 were custom made. They roll easier after a while. The inside are white so reversing them would be possible if white were better. I use Velcro for all but the roll down windows. I had made some lined reflexix covers and it was a lot of work to get them right and then over 1-1/2 years they shrunk so they became a PIA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts