Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my promaster yesterday. I didn't notice it till this morning
But there is a clip board built into the dash. Is there a way to remove it and is it open under it to place things like sun glasses or phone?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great!!! But looks like it's made to stay. I just thought it's kinda dumb as well the way it's made. I guess I can take the clip part off if it keeps on bugging me that much. This is a new learning curve going from a e250 to promaster. So far I like it but the brakes!!!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,823 Posts
I seem to be the only fan of the clipboard. It will be handy for campground receipts that need to be visible through the windshield.

·
Super Moderator
8,964 Posts
On non Us/Canada models, without airbags on the passenger side, it is designed to tilt up and be used as a writing board and clip board.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It is pretty much useless to write on but I have found many other uses. Toll road tickets, paid parking receipts, ID badges, delivery info or other credentials which must be visible or handy. Or as I intend to use mine by mounting a GPS bracket and maybe a Phone holder to a flat and flexible 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of black ABS plastic which I will heat bend to the contour of the dash. I will clamp this plastic sheet into the van clip board when in use and un-clamp to hide out of sight when parked unattended or transferring to another vehicle. And for those of you who have the same inner-geek as I do........I will countersink from the bottom up and use flat head bolts to secure the mounts to prevent scratches to the dash. I will also use spray adhesive to put some felt or non-slip soft material on the bottom to keep it quiet and guarantee no scratches. If I can find a nice clip board clamp from something in my shop I will drill the rivets out and add that to my flat sheet so I still have the ability to clamp a piece of paper or two. If the single digit temperatures keep up here in Ohio I will have time to tinker with this soon because I am getting too old to deal with this!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
A few comments...

- That Ducato design is nice but, as has been mentioned, may not make it past US safety standards.

- I like the Climate Controls on the Ducato too!

- In the second picture, I wonder if that's a special sippy cup with a crooked bottom to match the slanted bottom of the dash!

- I use my clipboard (in addition to the GPS mount and wiring) to hold my ez-pass gizmo.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
8,964 Posts
Great find! I wonder if it will fit on the '14's? Any parts numbers, I would buy one in a flash, airbags be damned!

·
Registered
604 Posts
- In the second picture, I wonder if that's a special sippy cup with a crooked bottom to match the slanted bottom of the dash

Ed
That's the "ashtray" of the ashtray and ciggy lighter option...

·
Registered
886 Posts
I think the Promaster climate controls are the best, and simplests, of any vehicle I've owned in years. They even feel good. Quality. :D

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I think the Promaster climate controls are the best, and simplests, of any vehicle I've owned in years. They even feel good. Quality. :D
X2! I do not need to look as I am driving to adjust. Simple!
Its not the space ship enterprise of some other vehicles.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think the photo I linked is of the 2014 Ducato, the 2015 Ducato has updated the climate control to dials, is it the same as the PM?
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

fwiw, I believe that the tilting clipboard can probably be bolted in place of the USA unit.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts