Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a part of this community, taking more than giving of info, for the past ~year.

I am (more than) full-time self employed, and had very limited time every night after work in which to execute my conversion. As such, given a choice between taking pictures and contributing to a build thread along the way, I opted to skip that and get more of the conversion done every night.

Finally, yesterday, I sat down and collected some thoughts and photos from the yearlong process of converting my PM into a campervan.

Please see that collection here: https://mikesee.exposure.co/clifford

I'm grateful to this community for sharing so selflessly of ideas, links, and information from their own builds, and often in direct response to questions I posted here. And I'd be happy to answer any questions anyone has about what I've done with mine, or how, or why, that isn't already explicitly covered in the link above.

Thanks for checking in.

MC

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I haven’t had a chance to look at all of it but what I have seen is a great piece of work. Congratulations on gettin’ it done! And thanks for the gift earlier!
Read it and thanks again. Nice to have a write up w/o all our comments isn't it?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,524 Posts
Great write-up. Anyone beginning a build should read it, not necessarily to copy, but for an understanding of the process. The most valuable time we spend on these builds is the time we spend just contemplating.

·
Banned
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The most valuable time we spend on these builds is the time we spend just contemplating.

This was the most surprising take-away from the process. You really can't envision every step all at once -- you have to step back and ponder every now and again to keep it all straight, or solve dilemmas before moving forward.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you Mike. I really enjoyed reading your write-up about the process of converting your van and the details you provided. A very nice looking original job!

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,535 Posts
Mike,

As soon as I saw the thread title, before I even opened it, I knew what the thread was about! GREAT name!

...and a real nice presentation about your build. I'll spend some time tonite while there's nothing on TV (most of the time!) to read through it.

Sunroof looks good. I was all set to install one in mine, but changed design so it isn't going to get installed. If anyone else on the forum is looking for a brand new CRL sunroof, in the original box, never opened, perfect fit for the Promaster roof flat spot, let me know and I can probably save you some money (minor off topic advertisement... hope it's OK!)

Obviously, another fine photographer among us...of course I looked at the pictures first >:D

I found the most useful tool in my collection is a small stool... I have spent lots of time sitting in the middle of the van, just lookin' and schemin'.

I'm sure that you'll do a few more mods along the way... I've been working on mine for 3 years and it's still not done! (too much stool time)

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyed reading your build site page. Had Bon Iver (
) rocking in the background while I pondered your design and laughed with you along the way. Hopefully I can contribute something like it when I finally begin my build. I think what keeps bringing me back here is the hope that synergy happens. That it turns into something more than what was planned or designed. I'm a planning and process guy, part of the fun is in the design for me. Fingers crossed the timing and budget is right for me to start soon. Thanks for taking the time to document and share your journey.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a great write up thanks for sharing! It is all very relatable story as I start off on my build.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts