Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my clearance Lights went off today or wouldn't go on. How ever you would light to say it. It's not the fuse. What could it be?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'll bet they share a common ground point somewhere and it has either come loose or is corroding. The Body Builders Guide used to have a full wiring diagram in it with the location of every ground, but I can' find that anymore in the document.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,511 Posts
The front and back are all off?

From some looks at the ground diagrams a while ago, I doubt the front and back would share the same ground point...they are usually located closer to the load (lights).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the front and the back are all off. Headlights and everything else comes on. Just the clearance Lights are off. Fuse tests fine and has power. Confused.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,511 Posts
There appears to be a clearance lamp relay

Here's the wiring part

These are from some diagrams I downloaded a while ago... hard to say where the relay is but it might be at the bottom of the B column where the upfitter connector is (even if you don't have that option)... Worth a look - take the black cover off at the base of the B column on the passenger side... look for a relay...

Might be the answer....

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just an observation, tween or twain I don’t know.

Marker light are off IF daytime running lights are on...

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,511 Posts
at the bottom of the b column on the passenger side....

open the slider... look toward the back of the passenger seat, look down... remove the black boot cover at the bottom of the column where the passenger shoulder belt is attached... right there!

the white plugs on the right side of that block are the upfitter connections

·
Registered
810 Posts
at the bottom of the b column on the passenger side....

open the slider... look toward the back of the passenger seat, look down... remove the black boot cover at the bottom of the column where the passenger shoulder belt is attached... right there!

the white plugs on the right side of that block are the upfitter connections
Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
I know this is an old post but did you find the solution? I have similar situation, only the front clearance markers are not working, rear markers works. I just check the fuse(F34, 7.5amp) and it looks good. I wonder if the front marker wiring is run in series where one bulb fail and the whole front marker goes dark??

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Can't be sure, but it doesn't look like they are wired in series given the way their wiring harness looks. Series wouldn't make much sense either, but then when has that stopped FCA?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Never mind , I'm a idiot. I should have check the bulbs first. I just didn't think all 5 bulbs are going to burn out at the same time for a relatively newish van. I had some spare led bulbs that fit in the socket and it works:). Going to get some LED bulbs so i don't have to replace it for a while. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,511 Posts
Never mind , I'm a idiot. I should have check the bulbs first. I just didn't think all 5 bulbs are going to burn out at the same time for a relatively newish van. I had some spare led bulbs that fit in the socket and it works:). Going to get some LED bulbs so i don't have to replace it for a while. Thanks for all the help.

Definitely not series... you'd have to go find 2.4 volt bulbs!

I'd start looking for what caused a surge that would pop all 5 bulbs at once... unless they all just dropped out, one at a time, over time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
When wired series, voltage doesn't get divided by the # of component it attached. You still get 12+v per component but if one component fail, it will make an open loop and the whole system will fail.

I just bought this van from an insurance auction so I don't have much history of it. Im hoping it drop out individually over time since the fuse is still good. unless someone replace the fuse. thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just realized today that my clearance lights are all out, front and rear.

Last night my rear cargo led lamp went dead...it wouldn’t light up but the switch on it lights up still.

Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts