Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
'17 136 HT Black
332 Posts
Just to piggyback on this thread, I ordered mine on Ebay for around $30. They say they will fit a Promaster w/out any modifications other than wiring. Should be getting them delivered soon.

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
512 Posts
Just to piggyback on this thread, I ordered mine on Ebay for around $30. They say they will fit a Promaster w/out any modifications other than wiring. Should be getting them delivered soon.
Looking to do the same , Keep us updated Thanks.

Reactions: SacVan

·
Registered
'17 136 HT Black
332 Posts
Looking to do the same , Keep us updated Thanks.
I got the lights in and I mocked one up. The screw holes don't line up, almost an inch of difference. They will each need a little bit of wiring and 1 screw hole drilled into the roof if you were to buy those lights. It's not a lot of work, but I'm just not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze.

·
Premium Member
2018 136 HR Ont.
1,065 Posts
I got the lights in and I mocked one up. The screw holes don't line up, almost an inch of difference. They will each need a little bit of wiring and 1 screw hole drilled into the roof if you were to buy those lights. It's not a lot of work, but I'm just not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze.

So the mod was to drill a new hole in the new light base 1/2" further back.
Can you modify the light to fit without drilling a hole in the roof?

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
512 Posts
Had a feeling wouldn't work as direct replacement , thanks for the update. ( I bought 2 different sets online in the past , application guide said would fit , they did not ( I'm still interested if anyone finds replacements in smoke )

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
The ones I got were plastic and was able to drill a thru hole in them to use the OEM mounting holes. Very easy mod. I did have to cut off the factory inline connector. It seems some of the LED lights are now coming with a small white connector that will fit the existing mating base connector.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Question for anyone who has replaced theirs with LEDs: Did you need to add a resistor(s) to prevent a bulb-out error?

One of mine just started leaking inside. It may have been clipped by a branch recently. I couldn't find any after-market LED lights that fit a PM. As mention earlier, most have a 3" screw spacing and the PM is 3.5". Assuming I will be drilling holes in the new ones @3.5", I ordered these lights. They haven't arrived yet. Will post an update after installation.

·
Registered
2018 Silver 159 HT
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Question for anyone who has replaced theirs with LEDs: Did you need to add a resistor(s) to prevent a bulb-out error?

One of mine just started leaking inside. It may have been clipped by a branch recently. I couldn't find any after-market LED lights that fit a PM. As mention earlier, most have a 3" screw spacing and the PM is 3.5". Assuming I will be drilling holes in the new ones @3.5", I ordered these lights. They haven't arrived yet. Will post an update after installation.
Those should work. No problem with the 'blub out indication'

·
Registered
2016 136 HT Gasser
168 Posts
The factory housing bases are contoured to fit the curve of the roof and seal to the roof by means of a neoprene gasket. The generic aftermarket bases are flat and also employ a neoprene gasket. Trouble is, the foam gaskets on the replacements are not thick enough to fill the gap(s) between the curved roof and the flat base of the housing. An easy fix is to cut a duplicate gasket out of quarter inch neoprene that will compress and fill the voids when the housing is tightened down. I used mounting screws that were a quarter inch long than the stock screws to facilitate this.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The factory housing bases are contoured to fit the curve of the roof and seal to the roof by means of a neoprene gasket. The generic aftermarket bases are flat and also employ a neoprene gasket. Trouble is, the foam gaskets on the replacements are not thick enough to fill the gap(s) between the curved roof and the flat base of the housing. An easy fix is to cut a duplicate gasket out of quarter inch neoprene that will compress and fill the voids when the housing is tightened down. I used mounting screws that were a quarter inch long than the stock screws to facilitate this.
The ones I just ordered appear to have a curved base and a thick-ish foam pad. So, we'll see how well they fit. Thanks for the head-up on longer screws.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts