Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is not much trending to analyze, other than the fact that it could be that purchasers are preferring the PM over the Cargo Van (the minivan for commercial use). The C/V May monthly sales dropped 20% over the previous May. Here are the numbers:

Model: Cargo Van
May-14: 768
May-13: 977
Change -21.4%
CYTD 2014 3,808
CYTD 2013 3,452
Change 10.3%

Model ProMaster
May-14 1,033
May-13 0
Change NEW
CYTD 2014 4,576
CYTD 2013 0
Change NEW

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/06/chrysler-reports-may-sales

So calendar year to date sales reveal that the PM is beating the C/V, the first time both these vehicles are on lots together. The C/V sales are up for the calendar year to date, which indicates to me that there isn't a economic or logistic fluke to these numbers. It could be that once people are on the lot, they see the PM and make the choice, and the dealer probably sells a more expensive vehicle.

It seems that contrary to reported dealer disinterest, that people are buying into the PM's form factor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for this information. I suspect the Promaster numbers will increase when (if?) the diesels become available.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the 'uptake' rate on the diesel option may be 10-15% if you listen to the pessimists, so it may not change the numbers too much - unless FedEx and UPS do a massive order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts