Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Chrysler has issued a recall on some 31,497 full-size ProMaster vans because of head restraints that were improperly installed.

The statement tells us that the restraints were installed in a way that may "exceed the allowable gap between an occupant's head and the restraint."

There are no known incidents associated with the defective installations. Owners will be notified over the course of the next month. Defective units will be covered by Chrysler.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,860 Posts
I'm wondering what they could have done wrong. Installed them backwards? Too short for tall people? Having suffered a severe whiplash in my youth, I am very careful to adjust my headrest. Mine is fine.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Interesting, I didn't know there were 31K Promasters out there!
You can kinda guess the number built from the vin. My vin was 128,000 something. I am pretty sure the first built van was number 100,001.

128,000 vans have a June build date.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm wondering what they could have done wrong.
I'm betting they did nothing wrong. They sold us what they sell in Europe, for tiny Europeans, not fed with steroid injected cattle, like us giant Americans.

Just saying, my 6'2 body doesn't exactly match the ergonomic layout of the van. I sit too far back to see the fuel gauge. Steering wheel blocks my view of it. The bar between the windows blocks my view of the mirror. Head rest far from my head, with seat back adjusted for my body size.

Maybe the government dinged them for not meeting CFR or DOT regs on headrest design in the US.

Anyway, I still love my van, quirks and all :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Chrysler has issued a recall on some 31,497 full-size ProMaster vans because of head restraints that were improperly installed.
Full-size?? Does that mean my Baby/Mini/Little/Short 118" WB isn't included???>:D;):D:)

·
Registered
887 Posts
We can't thank GM for all these recalls. Before GMs ignition switch disaster, stuff like this would never create a recall.

Better get used to recalls.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Interesting, I didn't know there were 31K Promasters out there!
When I run the search inventory option for cargo on the web site with 200+ miles it shows 4285 matches. The farthest the search returns is 1000 miles, so there could be easily be twice that man sitting on dealer lots.
Kind of odd to me they actually lowered the incentives on 2500 & 3500 for October with so many still unsold.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
4,860 Posts
Dwight, if you are correct, they had only 4,555 chances to get it right before they built mine. Ouch. I do know for sure that it's the first one on the road in this part of Oklahoma and nobody has heard of it. My neighbors thought there was an ambulance in our driveway.

·
Registered
259 Posts
That's funny. I've had mine 6 months and still get looks all the time. Living in a rural area where all you see is pickup trucks the PM is a radical departure. Looks funny with small wheels and the huge body. But I love it, works for me. Deep red, long WB, high roof.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm betting they did nothing wrong. They sold us what they sell in Europe, for tiny Europeans, not fed with steroid injected cattle, like us giant Americans.

Just saying, my 6'2 body doesn't exactly match the ergonomic layout of the van. I sit too far back to see the fuel gauge. Steering wheel blocks my view of it. The bar between the windows blocks my view of the mirror. Head rest far from my head, with seat back adjusted for my body size.

Maybe the government dinged them for not meeting CFR or DOT regs on headrest design in the US.

Anyway, I still love my van, quirks and all :D
Now I'm in the States and I'm very curious to try the driving position of the PM.
I have the Ducato in Italy and also my brother that is 187 for 100kg drive it comfortably.
All the Ducatos in Europe have the partition, but nobody laments the lack of space...
Probably they do something (wrong) on the PM.
The seats apparently are "pumped up"... :eek:
About the average height of the people, in north Italy we are very tall... :D
The average is 177cm. The Friuli Venezia Giulia region has the influence of the ex Yugoslavia area 180 cm average...

·
Premium Member
8,725 Posts
Now I'm in the States and I'm very curious to try the driving position of the PM.
I have the Ducato in Italy and also my brother that is 187 for 100kg drive it comfortably.
All the Ducatos in Europe have the partition, but nobody laments the lack of space...
Probably they do something (wrong) on the PM.
The seats apparently are "pumped up"... :eek:
About the average height of the people, in north Italy we are very tall... :D
The average is 177cm. The Friuli Venezia Giulia region has the influence of the ex Yugoslavia area 180 cm average...
Thats 180=5'11" and 187 is almost 6'2" for those of you who are metriicly challenged.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm almost a dwarf. 5'6" tall with artificially shortened legs. (Hit by a car 20 years ago.) 54" chest, short armed and legs like tree trunks. Eastern Euro and Swedish heritage.

I love the way the van fits me. I have a little difficulty climbing in. The hand hold up top is useless. Needs a handhold on the A pillar like my E350 had IMO. I have been using it for errands for my upholstery shop and road trips and camping. Nothing in it bothers me enough to take it in for any recall stuff. I will check my marker lights though and maybe seal them better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
You should have a recall on all the diesels because they certainly don't run well around town if you don't drive on the freeway or are open road there's a constant problem with these vehicles they know what they don't know how to fix them as you can read and some of these blogs. Let's face it we should not buy a diesel you're driving around town all the time you'll have nothing but problems!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts