Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the Chinese cell phone boosters ? I have a Wilson trucker antenna installed, and since most everything is assembled or made with overseas components anyway, I could save a little cash. I don't understand why name brand ones cost so much compared to other equipment with more components.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Funny you mention this. I just ordered this from Amazon today. I'll give it a test this weekend while we're camping.

·
Super Moderator
10,873 Posts
Anyone have experience with the Chinese cell phone boosters ? I have a Wilson trucker antenna installed, and since most everything is assembled or made with overseas components anyway, I could save a little cash. I don't understand why name brand ones cost so much compared to other equipment with more components.
Probably all made in the same factory by the same people. Name brand is no indication of quality more likely you're paying for higher overhead from the seller in my experience.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does that include Leatherman's too??? :)

·
Super Moderator
10,873 Posts
Only the leather sheaths (I've been told) but, then again, I don't believe everything I've been told either ;)

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
OK, OK, I'm here! Every Leatherman is hand made by Tim Leatherman in his one-man factory in Portland Oregon. Tim fashions the new leatherman products using old leatherman for all the tool work including the files, shears, blades and pliers. That way no leatherman tool has ever been touched by Chinese tools and cannot get contaminated. Tim himself goes out and Tips a Prime Steer and dispatches it with his "Origional" tool and skins it on the spot to acquire the hide to produce the leather sheaths. The Yuppy-friendly nylon sheathes are made in a nylon factory in UPPA U S which was built using nothing but an old hammer and Tim's collection of Leatherman prototypes. See this all at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6EmXJR_5_A

1 - 10 of 10 Posts