Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 diesel 2500
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Last Summer I spent 6 weeks converting my 159 wb hightop diesel PM into a campervan. My design plans were limited because I needed to remain functional.....being able to use it as cargo van/emergency transport vehicle and a weekend camper. I used 1/2 inch polyiso foam board and reflectix for insulation. paneling consisted of 1/4 inch plywood, 1/8 inch closed cell foam padding and van upholstery. The 2 cabinets are Husky mechanics cabinets that I bought from Home Depot. The house battery is stored in one of them and is 110AH. Everything is portable:toilet, propane stovetop and propane heater. We camped down the Oregon coast for 8 days in October. We'd camp at a site for 2 days then move on. my battery demand is low: 5 LED lights, USB ports for recharging cell phones and laptops. We used an ice chest...next year we are going to invest in a ARB refrigerator. too much wasted food with an ice chest. We ran our 2 ceiling fans for ventilation and would watch DVDs at night. my house battery holds 13.3 volts and we would only run it down 1 volt a night. By the time we drove to the next camp ground it was fully recharged. The beds consist of 4 panels...2 folding panels attach to the sides of the van and are secured with bungee cords and straps. Six aluminum rectangular poles are set up to support the panels 2 feet off the ground providing for ample storage space underneath. Magnetic hooks were our best friends and they held everything from cords, curtain rods, can openers, etc. I will shoot some more pics of the bed setup. TACH]28346[/ATTACH]

tj 667.jpg

tj 669.jpg

promaster 657.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Magnetic hooks were our best friends and they held everything from cords, curtain rods, can openers, etc. I will shoot some more pics of the bed setup. TACH]28346[/ATTACH]

A define up side to all of that metal is the use of magnets to attach things. We used the super magnets from Home Depot.

·
Registered
2015 diesel 2500
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Additional pics for CHET Dundee campervan. 1inch square aluminum poles are stored in a ski bag and tethered down. I lay all 6 poles down width wise to form the support for the bed. I lay down the folding panels ( covered in faux gator skin) and I'm done. Easily supports 2 adults and an active 40 lb dog. Storage is underneath, rolling bins work great. I use a 2 amp trickle charger to charge both batteries. I just plug it into the port in the wall and feed the other end out my window. Extremely easy and I didn't have to cut another hole in the skin of my van. The battery isolator, fuse panel and wires will be covered by a shallow Tupperware container with holes drilled into it for ventilation. That way storage items won't budge , short out wires or start a fire.

·
Registered
2015 diesel 2500
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, jumped the gun on the prior post.. Here are the pics I promised.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 diesel 2500
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My battery is 110 AH... Too big. I read an earlier post about installing an Optima battery under the seat.. Great write up. I just wanted some extra amperage so it won't work for me. At this point I have plenty of storage space and the battery is easy to access.

·
Registered
2015 diesel 2500
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bed is 74inches X 78 inches. I tend to sleep with arms above my head so the size is perfect. A wise person told me to make the bed a main priority.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts