Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the low engine oil warning today. Checked level on the stick and it was fine. This happen to anyone?

·
Registered
51 Posts
it happened to me several times, dealer said the sensor could be going bad. took it in and they did a computer update and it hasnt happened again, 45 days ago. they came and picked it up once (before the computer update) and drove 150 miles to the dealer with the oil light on...... goes against everything we learned growing up!

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Got the low engine oil warning today. Checked level on the stick and it was fine. This happen to anyone?
That is not a low LEVEL oil warning light it is a low PRESSURE oil light. The oil level can only be determined by the dipstick.

I would not drive it and I would want them to haul it in. They can attach an oil pressure gauge and determine the pressure is fine and the sensor is bad but to drive it not knowing if there was pressure is asking for a spun bearing!

What we have all known for ever is right they were wrong to drive it IMHO.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok - but typically it shows me the oil level on the display (***** - or something like that). Now it beeps and says "check engine oil level" and the yellow !! triangle lights up. Then after a few seconds it goes away. Have an appt on Monday. By the way the service dept was terrible to talk to. Amazing to me how lame the customer service can be.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My park spot has a bit of an incline, but nothing really.

And today when I started it....no warning light. Thanks Fiat

·
Registered
51 Posts
that's the same thing mine was doing fuzzy, if you have one of the early diesels make sure the grounding problem has been fixed AND the latest computer update. Those 2 things fixed all the random lights on the dash. If those have been done then they should check the oil pressure and see if it is truly a pressure problem or a sensor. AND YES some of the dealers SUCK!!!! (not sure how some of those guys even have a job) Luckily, the one i purchased from has gone above and beyond

1 - 9 of 9 Posts