Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a couple vans in my area that aren't white. (No white for me). Three of them have the double passenger seat which I don't want because I need to go to the back from the front. Has anyone changed them out? Hassle? Would the double be something someone would trade for?
Thanks.

I got to rid myself of the Sprinter

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
I've read a bunch of posts about fellow forum people trying, dealing with wiring changes, airbag stuff, etc.

I'm just not sure what degree of success others have had! The search box should find some good info here... it has been discussed.

Hope we can get in touch once you get your PM!

Ed
in CT!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My apologies...I usually search first but been under the weather and on meds...(I know.,excuses). This one got by me..lots of info. Still sifting through it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I think you will find changing the seats is not an issue. The problem is the wiring for the middle seat. One van is not going to have a middle seat but the computer thinks it should so it sets the seatbelt warning and possibly disables the airbag. The other van now has a middle seat and the computer doesn’t expect one. I don’t think there has been help from any dealer nor a simple electrical solution, in fact no solution I believe. If you can avoid the middle seat do so. Whatever you do white is out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you will find changing the seats is not an issue. The problem is the wiring for the middle seat. One van is not going to have a middle seat but the computer thinks it should so it sets the seatbelt warning and possibly disables the airbag. The other van now has a middle seat and the computer doesn’t expect one. I don’t think there has been help from any dealer nor a simple electrical solution, in fact no solution I believe. If you can avoid the middle seat do so. Whatever you do white is out!
I'll look around for a single seat van. Too bad cause there are a couple ones close by I'd consider if they weren't double seats. I read through most of the post about it, a lot of speculation, a lot of live with it, but no remedy that suits me.
I'm sure someone will figure it out without cutting wires and installing resistors. I'm not willing to live with maybes.
Thanks to all that have at least researched this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts