Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2015 city wagon, which has glass rear windows in the doors, along with wiper, heaters backup camera..
id love to get rid of the glass to make it easier when loading cargo. I'm always worried they will get smashed. i have my business logos over them already with the perforated stickers, so they are pretty dark anyway.

would it be possible to swap the entire doors for van ones with no windows, but keep my backup camera? I'm sure someone with a van would be interested in a swap as the widows are an expensive upgrade for the vans.
i like my wagon, i needed the 5 seats, but in lots of ways id prefer the more basic van options.
thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you hate them, swap them out - see if someone in classfieds here would trade maybe. Meanwhile, I think what I'd do is put a shatter guard on the windows for piece of mind.

Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you hate them, swap them out - see if someone in classfieds here would trade maybe. Meanwhile, I think what I'd do is put a shatter guard on the windows for piece of mind.

Good luck!
I'm sure someone would, but my question is can it be done without screwing things up as i have the wiring and switches etc for the wipers, heated windows. and can the back up camera be swapped over?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm sure someone would, but my question is can it be done without screwing things up as i have the wiring and switches etc for the wipers, heated windows. and can the back up camera be swapped over?
Tuck the wiring for the wipers/heaters, and as for the camera, just trade for a door with a camera already on it...makes the most sense to keep the wiring swap simple. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
1. You could post your general location, in case someone wants to trade.
2. You could take out the glass and replace it with steel. (If it were me, I might replace the glass with stainless, so you wouldn't have to worry about paint or rust or whatever. The same glue that holds the glass would do just as good to hold a steel plate.
3. You could cut a sheet of steel bigger than the window, and glue/screw it to the inside of the door, effectively creating a dead air space between the steel and the glass.

I personally would LOVE to have your rear doors, because you have the defroster and wiper. But I don't have the wiring for that stuff, so it really wouldn't do me much good.

There was someone on here with the opposite issue as you, they have steel plates and want glass.

If you were local to me, I'd be happy to help you do #3 , as it's a really simple thing, and I've got the tools for chopping all types of metal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts