Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been kicking it around,think I`ve found a solution. Ideally,
getting rear seats out of a wrecked PMC would be ideal. They are just not around, and if you find them, ALL the money.Buying new from Mopar even more money,cheaper to trade the van. Looked into Transit Connect rear seats, available,
but some fab work to fit them, plus seat belts an issue. Going with Transit van take outs. Seat belt is part of the seat, so easy there. Bolt in the tracks and mount the seat....I hope ! Bigger than stock seats, but foot print similar.Will post results , ordering seats today!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't understand why it is hard to find rear seats for sale.:confused:

I have read in multiple places that every Promaster City shipped to the US comes with rear seats, and they remove the seats and some other items from vehicles that will be sold as cargo vans.
There should be warehouses with piles of seats from all of these cargo vans.

Why isn't anyone selling them?

·
Registered
6 Posts

I have read in multiple places that every Promaster City shipped to the US comes with rear seats, and they remove the seats and some other items from vehicles that will be sold as cargo vans.

Cuz there's more lawyers in America than leftover seats and TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT.:mad: Once the air bags and seat belts were removed it becomes that popular MC Hammer tune "Can't touch this" for selling the seats on the open market.

·
Registered
174 Posts

I imagine they are shipped back to be used again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When I first went shopping for my van, Stealership had the perfect PMC model...Bright Silver, backup camera/NAV, plus power windows for the back...but no back seat...?!?!???? I was like, WTF?...Why would you have a rear power window with no back seat...nobody can sit there to work the **** thing, so why even.
Looked at the window cut sheet, and it showed..."rear power window option-rear seat delete"...
Fab factory does some ridiculous things. And the rest of you know the story on the rear seat from Mopar, so I am not even gonna go there.
So is why I ended buying what I did. Wish I had the back power window option, but then again, my grandson likes to play with the controls of EVERY car he sits in, so really a blessing in disguise. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear seats

Been kicking it around,think I`ve found a solution. Ideally,
getting rear seats out of a wrecked PMC would be ideal. They are just not around, and if you find them, ALL the money.Buying new from Mopar even more money,cheaper to trade the van. Looked into Transit Connect rear seats, available,
but some fab work to fit them, plus seat belts an issue. Going with Transit van take outs. Seat belt is part of the seat, so easy there. Bolt in the tracks and mount the seat....I hope ! Bigger than stock seats, but foot print similar.Will post results , ordering seats today!
Please update at your earliest convenience. Very interested to see how it was accomplished. I too have been searching for the oem rear seats/belts etc., --to no avail! Can't wait to see the completed project!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I AM SELLING BRAND NEW SEATS
I just bought a 2017 ProMaster City this weekend and I am destined to create a work man and I'd have no need for the seats.

On way , during delivery, I slept on the seats and i can assure you they arr top quality in the cushioning system.

Pulling them out today and putting them into storage until someone can contact me that's interested I'm in Western North Carolina near Asheville.
Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2017 ProMaster City this weekend and I am destined to create a work man and I'd have no need for the seats.

On way , during delivery, I slept on the seats and i can assure you they arr top quality in the cushioning system.

Pulling them out today and putting them into storage until someone can contact me that's interested I'm in Western North Carolina near Asheville.
Steve
Ill buy them how much you need for them. Otherwise I can get some sent direct from CT for 300.00.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rear seat

I was going to use the ford transit seats, but a little too high. I used a left over bus seat, had brackets made and
it works great. Easy in and out, 4 nuts, that's it. Made a huge difference in utility.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Paulie,

Are you still looking for those rear seats? I'm trying to decide between a custom build Tradesman or Wagon. The wagon is only a couple hundred dollars more but I really don't need the rear seats (or carpet or rear interior trim/moldings) and was probably going to remove them and store them in case I ever want to sell the van. I'm in San Diego, btw.

·
Registered
22 Posts
our PMC tradesman vans have a substrate flooring that makes it level. there are no footwells in the rear. If you don't have a partition, you can see this behind the front seats, it's almost a 6" riser.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anybody has these seats ill buy them, I'm in Ohio. I also have a friend on vacation in the Carolinas this week so pickup would not be an issue. Just Let me know a price. My number is 9376381498. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Steve
Hi!
Did you ever sell the seats?
Thanks so much!
Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone i have rear seats for sale. have a couple posts in the forum about it. they're basically new. located in Portland oregon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
6 mos gone by,. Seats gone?

·
Registered
15 Posts

I just bought a brand new 2020 drove it home pull the rear seats out of the back toss them in the shed so my wheelchair would go in. never sat on them. cut the passenger side rear seatbelt out with appear of scissors I cut it off tossed it Didn’t cut the driver side yet haven’t got there yet going to take all the plastic out or the back I want to go down to bare metal. What are they worth to you I don’t know about shipping I live in San Diego County Ca

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2020 drove it home pull the rear seats out of the back toss them in the shed so my wheelchair would go in. never sat on them. cut the passenger side rear seatbelt out with appear of scissors I cut it off tossed it Didn’t cut the driver side yet haven’t got there yet going to take all the plastic out or the back I want to go down to bare metal. What are they worth to you I don’t know about shipping I live in San Diego County Ca
In my 2015, the seat belt mechanism bolts to the wall behind the plastic. There's pictures... PM City - Mïk's Ram City rear mods

1 - 20 of 32 Posts