Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinkin' on getting a cargo mat as it won't be til this summer to get started on my build. Need something to keep things from sliding around so easy as it does on the bare metal floor. Quieting it down a little too would be nice. Anyone had any experience with either of these cargo mats?
Weatherguard Van Cargo Mat or the Vantred Rubber Cargo Mat.

Can be seen here. https://www.realtruck.com/vantred-r...an+Floor+Liner&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc

·
Registered
879 Posts
Was thinkin' on getting a cargo mat as it won't be til this summer to get started on my build. Need something to keep things from sliding around so easy as it does on the bare metal floor. Quieting it down a little too would be nice. Anyone had any experience with either of these cargo mats?
Weatherguard Van Cargo Mat or the Vantred Rubber Cargo Mat.

Can be seen here. https://www.realtruck.com/vantred-r...an+Floor+Liner&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc
I have just received a hand woven jute & cotton denim rug fits my van.....looked specifically for no rubber backing.....variety styles & colors & sizes.....2 to 3 day delivery.....no shipping cost.....bought from overstock.com.......have not have time to know how it will last.....this is from India.....have another rug for house had for a couple months....it was from Turkey......happy so far with both.....many less than $100

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,453 Posts
2 cents

Get something that will be compatible with your build. Is the cargo mat the final floor or are you going to put something on it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
You can't wash the carpeted mat but you can with a rubber one. The carpeted mat holds on to debris and has to be vacuumed often in order to stay clean. I bought the carpet style for padding and insulation but ended up topping it off with a rubber gym mat that isn't cut to fit so I can slide it out and wash it off when needed. Best craigslist $10 buy yet!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 cents

Get something that will be compatible with your build. Is the cargo mat the final floor or are you going to put something on it?
Been pondering that. Was thinking I'd either leave the mat down and plywood over it or take it up, put down plywood and then put the mat down again over the plywood. guess it depends on the mat material and thickness.

·
Registered
2017 159, w/dual sliders. SF Bay area
1,027 Posts
I'd just cut to the chase and put in a floor. 1 inch polyiso and 3/4 inch hardwood ply. 3 sheets each. Even with trips to the store it shouldn't take more than about a day. The only snags that I hit were sourcing the polyiso and getting long enough bolts to use the factory tie down spots (M8 x 1.25 - 70mm - amazon)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts