Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed quite a few people commenting on using the PM to convert to a camper van. Is anyone blogging or documenting their conversion process? I'd love to take a look! I'm planning on purchasing one in the next month or two to convert and I'd love to have some places to bounce ideas around. All I can offer at the moment is a pinterest board of ideas. http://www.pinterest.com/bethany0150/diy-camper-van/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi!
yes we're totez in the middle of converting ours into a mobile recording studio/home. will post pics .. for now started with upgrading to super high end sound system front and back. Starting insulation this week .....

·
Super Moderator
8,367 Posts
I'm right in the middle of building the cabinets for my conversion right now. When I find the time I'll write it up whith photos to date.

·
Registered
Diesel PM, 2015, 2500 hi-top
141 Posts
Yes, I just ordered a 2500 159" WB diesel for delivery in December. Will be customizing it in a slow 6-month process into my fulltime RV and will photo/document in a blog which I'll share beginning January 2015. Meanwhile, I'm reading all your posts and looking at all your photos to get more ideas. Right now, I'm most interested in the various ways to dampen road noise and keep sunshine/heat out of the cargo area with insulation that's fairly easy to install. My interior design will look less like a home and more like a toy hauler; basically a room full of outdoor toys with a drop-down mattress and pop-up kitchen and a luggable loo (nothing fancy!) and solar water bag for showers if there are no showers at the campground. Already purchased a rooftop Coleman Polar Cub AC for campgrounds with 120 and a Flettner TCX-2 wind-powered ventilator for on the road use. Plan to install a vinyl freezer-door strip curtain between the cab/cargo area also; not sure how that will go on! Will cover the clear vinyl with an attractive curtain for privacy in the back, plus keeping the cargo area cool when using the AC unit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts