Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I"m not entirely clear on what is different about this version of the Promaster as compared to the stock version. Its some kind of conversion. Is it just a larger fuel tank or is it also something electric?

·
Registered
654 Posts
CNG = Compressed Natural Gas
The equivalent cost of CNG compared to gasoline is only about $1.60 per gallon(!) in Utah, other states it costs more.

It only makes sense if you live in a geographic area where refining is taking place.

This makes a whole lot of sense if you deliver locally, and you live in a state like Utah, where every CNG station is open to the public.
I have heard articles on Public Radio where they say that there is a real frenzy of Honda Civic CNG purchases across the country and most end up in Utah to take advantage of the cheap CNG cost.

Imagine that cost for conversion is cheap, and the return on investment would pay for itself in less that 2-3 years!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compressed_natural_gas#North_America

·
Registered
55 Posts
CNG is widely popular in my country (Brazil), but the availability is not so widespread nationwide. Anyway, for those who hate Diesel, this seems to be the most reliable alternative fuel, and can also be sourced from organic residues instead of fossil reserves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts