Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered front and rear pads and rotors from Rock Auto. The front went on without a hitch. The rear however is another story. The rotors they sent are a perfect match but the pads are about 1/4inch to big, so I sent them back. I went to Auto Zone and they had to order them in. I picked them up today and they are the same ones Rock Auto sent. When I took them back the counter guy looked but could not find any other pads listed.
What I do know from the original pads is that they are Bosch. There is a number, but the first part of it has been partially obliterated by the caliper piston. This is what is left of it, 4L61303. The other pad has this number stamped into the steel 6A3409FF.
Anybody else run across this problem? Mine is a 2014 PM 1500 V6

·
Registered
155 Posts
W0133-2038205 should be the mopar part #.

I think some 1500s were build with "heavy duty" brakes and some with "standard duty" brakes. The heavy duty pads are a bit longer, so you probably need the standard duty. On Rock Auto, I think they differentiate by saying vented rear disk (heavy duty) or solid rear disk (standard duty).

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I used mid grade pads from rockauto on my rears, went in easily. This may not need asked, but you are using a c clamp to retract the pistons so you can fit the new thick pads in, right?

Another note: in the past I always blocked the brake pedal down a little to allow the fluid to re-enter the master cylinder when I retract the calipers. When I did the pm, it was fussy to find the right amount of pedal pressure, since too much and the pistons wont budge. I ended up using nothing on the brake pedal and it worked fine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone who replied. I found the correct rear pads at Carquest. I started looking on the web, and Carquest was the only one who actually showed a real picture of the pads and most of all gave the length of the pad. The Carquest number is PMD1490.
My brakes are NOT heavy duty, solid not vented rear rotors. Rock Auto asks you this when you order but apparently doesn't know that the pads are also different. They send you the correct rotors with the wrong pads. Auto Zone doesn't even ask what rotors you have and only list one size brake pad for the rear.
Just for the heck of it, I just went back and looked at Rock Auto again just to see if I missed something. I couldn't even find the number of the brake pad I ordered, so I typed it into the search. It came back as "listing removed". So it looks like they're on the ball and figure out that there's something wrong.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just got my brakes in from powerstop.....i will take pics of when i jnstall them....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts