Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after finding an enormous puddle of coolant under my PM, I crawled under to check it out. There are 4 cheaply made, designed to fail plastic clips that are suppose to keep the coolant bottle hose in its path from the reservoir tank to the lower radiator hose tee connection. All four plastic clips were broken causing the hose to hang free which ended up leaning on a heat shield and melting the hose. So I stopped by my local dealership and buy a new overpriced hose. I explain to the counter guy at the parts department about the clips and he tells me there are no clips for this hose. I've seen the diagram and they are not shown or listed, but as I was physically under my van assessing and fixing the issue, I know that they are there. I also find it funny because the hoses have four pieces of white tape around them to show where the hose clips are suppose to attach and yet the clips are a mystery to the parts department. Does anybody know a part # for these clips. Thanks in advance.
Wood Tints and shades Circle Auto part Fashion accessory
Wood Tints and shades Art Font Metal
Black Computer keyboard Camera accessory Cameras & optics Toy
Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In my frustration I failed to mention, It's a 2017 PM 2500 Gas. Also now that I have to refill all my coolant is anyone using anything different than the Mopar factory coolant with the OAT. A few years back there weren't too many other options and that stuff is expensive as far as coolant goes. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,311 Posts
The full strength correct coolant is under $25 a gallon at most dealers or $12.5 when you dilute 50/50 it yourself. Why take a chance on something this important to save pennies?

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
5,281 Posts
It would be nice if there was a Promaster only version :)
Font Rectangle Parallel Office equipment Number

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a good thought, I'll look into that the for next time trouble arises. I already bought the clips you gave me the part # for earlier today. They are extremely hard to find and are on back order everywhere in the northeast. I must have called 8 dealerships. I had to use on online retailer and pay overnight shipping so they should be here tomorrow. It's my work van so I have to keep in moving. Once again thanks for the advice. I really appreciate the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts