Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out on the road. The Uconnect 5n decided to change the time of the clock function on its own. With the nav unit, you cannot mannually change the time from the radio. It gets the time from nav. Reset the radio, nav, and disconnected the battery for a few minutes. The clock is still 8 hours off.

Any other ideas besides the dealer?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have nav? If I try to change it through the regular radio menu, it says cannot save the changes.

·
Super Moderator
10,198 Posts
The only way the time can be set seems to be with the Nav (GPS) on the uconnect5. It's done automatically by your physical location and we don't seem to have any control over it at all. I've tried and tried but never been able to do it either from any menu.

While driving back East from CA in January my clock automatically reset it self at the CA/AZ state line ahead by 11.5 hours rather than an hour (the date was off by a day for that 11.5 hrs) and didn't correct itself until I crossed the AZ/NM state line (all still in MST zone)! How crazy is that? It did automatically reset exactly the correct time at the correct place and location every other time while driving into a new time zone and it also changes automatically at home from standard time to DST on the correct dates.

My clock is always off by one minute (slow) according to my iPhone and other GPS's I've checked against and the time the announcers on the radio. I have never tried disconnecting the battery personally but the dealer has in the past and it still runs a minute slow.

Another good reason to get the radio delete option and buy your own unit if you are ordering IMHO!

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
In AZ it is really 100 years 11.5 hours behind at least in our little ex-mining town. The standard radio is a good option, included in the base price and amazingly unobtrusive if you don't touch the on button.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FWIW, It corrected itself on the second start, the following day. The calendar date was also off by 9 days. Definitely a firmware issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts