Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie here.
I was wondering if there would be 8' of space behind a middle seat on a 136 low top version?
My 500lb motorcycles are 8' long. I want to put 2 of them in there behind a bench guest seat. I am guessing I would need 3 feet for the middle passenger bench
Possible?

·
Registered
257 Posts
No - Not unless the bench is super tight on the front seats. I did the calcs many times trying to make it work. The 159 works great for seats + bikes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy for the reply's.
Then I have another option. The short van.
I am thinking just a rear bed and bench seat in front. I will have to tow my 2 motorcycles in my Kendon trailer.

Or the short 2 person bench seat with a fold up bed and 1 motorcycle with the front wheel aside the end of the 2 person bench in a wheel chock. That might work.
Sometimes I only need to take 1 bike.
My thinking is the short model Promaster would be easier to run around with my daily tasks and still double duty as a hauler tow vehicle.
My thinking is the short model will give me the best MPG.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My thinking is the short model will give me the best MPG.
That hasn't away been the case. There are plenty of pretty decent mpg numbers from the 159 and 159 Ext. Also, a short wheelbase pulling a trailer with two motorcycles will almost certainly get worse mileage than a 159 with the bikes in it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need the "low roof" version so it will fit in my garage. I can't get the 159 in a low version so it is out of the question. Short version van will fit in my garage too. It's got to sleep/be repaired there.
I want one with rear windows,rear back up camera,side window and cruise control with Nav touch radio.
My prefered colors for my van would be black,silver,brownish metallic,blue pearl. In that order.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
If you are happy to carry one bike inside behind the seat diagonally, or use the trailer it should be fine. Good luck finding one in your color choices with the windows etc. I’d order and wait the 3-4 months. I don’t think the short/low van will increase your mileage as much as your driving style would. If MPG is a factor a diesel will give many benefits and one is higher range and 40% better fuel mileage. Just sayin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts