Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a rearward partition (Obrian?) have experience in more extreme temperatures?

If I build a "crew" version with seats in the back and a partition behind I wonder if the heat and A/C will be able to keep up...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fuzzy, I'm also curious.

I'd go one step further to ask if the a/c could help make things more comfortable in the 136"wb promaster w/o a partition on say a 90 deg.f day with a body color of silver? I'm thinking of also installing a roof vent with lower intake vents in the rearward walls (those should also help with door closing issues as some have reported difficulty with air pressure).

Anyone have any say with heating as well in say 20 deg.f temps? I'm guessing short trips to work are going to suck, so heated seats should add some comfort I hope - cold hands and crisp arse! :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
There is a listed option available for ordering for 2015MY:

Air Conditioning (HAA) - 12/31/14

http://www.donlen.com/production-trucks-chrysler.aspx

Whether this is A/C for the rear area, I don't know, but if I had to take an educated guess, I would say yes - based on looking at microfiche for the 2014 euro FIAT Ducato - which has a passenger van variant which has supplementary heater and a/c options available.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fuzzy, I'm also curious.

Anyone have any say with heating as well in say 20 deg.f temps? I'm guessing short trips to work are going to suck, so heated seats should add some comfort I hope - cold hands and crisp arse! :)
I got my PM to late for winter (April) and it hasn't been hot enough to be called summer yet. But I will say this, the PM warms up fast. I only drive 6 miles to work, the engine temp gauge hits the normal range within the the first half a mile. My old Sprinter would never completely warm up and as a result neither would I. I hung a curtain behind the seats. It helps with the heating and cooling and also helps deaden the road noise coming from the back. Its nothing fancy, it is made from two black moving blankets from Harbor Freight. I think the two of them cost me 12 bucks. I also am working on a back seat for the few times I need one and the curtain can be moved behind it if need be. Like I said, it hasn't been real cold or hot yet, but so far the heat and AC work a lot better then what I had before. Oh, and yes I did get heated seats. I guess I'm getting old.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts