Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
heated seats

There are aftermarket ones (check out amazon) that can be DIY.

Also, in my area there is a company that does truck toppers and other accessories including heated seats. I have the PM vinyl seats (as opposed to cloth) and they told me that the aftermarket ones won't work on vinyl seats (only cloth or leather, go figure) so they recommended getting seat covers with "seat heaters". I have yet to find a nice, tight fitting seat cover that is not saggy. So am holding off for now...until I get better info.

One other option that is simple and low cost ($30) can be found online:
http://www.frostheater.com (See heated seat cushion)
Problem with these is that they plug into your lighter - and thus are not auto-off - and they can drain your battery if you forget to turn em off. But I used them on an old jetta for several years and they were a lot better than nothing.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
I doubt it but it can be done by auto upholsterers. The circuit probably will need to go directly to the battery for power too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Actually pretty easy, kits are well under 100 bucks. Amazon or eBay and a set of Hog ring pliers. Wiring pretty easy and most kits come with 2 position switches and a good relay.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I installed them in my van. The first one was a learning curve, I would recommend getting someone to assist you. The cores are $50 on amazon and take about an hour to install, plus the wiring time of about and hour or 2. From my learning experience, forgo the hogring ties and use high quality zip ties to rebind the seat cover to the frame.

Buy an add a fuse and wire it to your fuse panel in a fuse that shuts off when the key is in the off position. For me, I have a second battery and have them wired to a switch panel so I can run them even when my van is off. Provides handy for colds days out surfing or kiteboarding and need to warm up.

I was nervous to do it myself but extremely happy I figured it out. I now know how to replace anything on my seat necessary. Watch a couple of youtube videos and you should be set.

This is the kit U purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D2LIRG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1
They now sell it with the hog ring pliers and rings if you dont want to use zip ties. Dont buy the pliers or rings from Home Depot or Lowes, those are for fencing and way too tough to use.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I installed them in my van. The first one was a learning curve, I would recommend getting someone to assist you. The cores are $50 on amazon and take about an hour to install, plus the wiring time of about and hour or 2. From my learning experience, forgo the hogring ties and use high quality zip ties to rebind the seat cover to the frame.

Buy an add a fuse and wire it to your fuse panel in a fuse that shuts off when the key is in the off position. For me, I have a second battery and have them wired to a switch panel so I can run them even when my van is off. Provides handy for colds days out surfing or kiteboarding and need to warm up.

I was nervous to do it myself but extremely happy I figured it out. I now know how to replace anything on my seat necessary. Watch a couple of youtube videos and you should be set.

This is the kit U purchased: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D2LIRG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1
They now sell it with the hog ring pliers and rings if you dont want to use zip ties. Dont buy the pliers or rings from Home Depot or Lowes, those are for fencing and way too tough to use.
Heated seats in Florida???

LOL, j/k, we had them in our cars when we lived there. :laugh:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Heated seats in Florida???

LOL, j/k, we had them in our cars when we lived there. :laugh:
It gets cold in North Florida and you know it! We had flurries last winter! Just one of those things all my cars have had and really missed having them. It's hard to get the cabin warm so the bum heaters help expedite that process.

I almost sprung for heated and AC seats because in the summers here in FL it feels like my heated seats are on 1000% all the time, but in reality they are off. I have an AUX switch for the seats that I make sure is off just in case I turn them on at the seat switch. Brutal here in the summer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If I already have seat covers....

Thoughts on installing between the seat and seat covers?
I thought we weren't supposed to use covers on the upper part of the seats due to air bags. Isn't there a bag in the seat back or is it just the sensor that's in the seat to trigger the passenger bag if someone is seated in it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts