Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I'm searching for PM High Top camper van conversion ideas.
I'd like to buy or have built something similar to a stripped down Roadtrek Zion. Stripped down meaning: No shower, toilet, stove, sink, minimal floor level cabinetry. Mainly, I want a queen or king bed that converts into 2 single beds parallel to the PM walls. Ideally, these beds would fold up flat against the walls to maximize cargo space when not being used. The space gained by removing bathroom / kitchen stuff would be used for additional forward facing seating. I'd like to get at least 5 forward facing seats with full lap/shoulder belts.

If anyone can direct me to base PM floor plans so I can draw in the camper floor plan I've described, that would be great.
Also, anyone that could direct me to webpages with ready made beds, seats for camper vans (especially for PMs), that would be great.

Finally, if anyone can direct me to up-fitters, builders, converters that might build the camper I'm describing, that would be appreciated, as well.

What I don't want is lots of useless do dads, expensive luxury details and other cost inflating options that most of the RV makers force on you. It just amazes me how hung up they are on paint jobs, graphics, decals, and 'plushness' items that maybe add to esthetics but don't do squat for function. Most RV people I've met say they use their RV bathrooms for storage closets and prefer dining out at restaurants. Seems like their prime use for the RV is watching TV and sleeping- I guess that's what they call 'camping', but makes me wonder why they just don't stay home. Having said all that, I must explain my bias as someone that considered real camping, as more of a back packing affair, with minimal creature comforts. Campgrounds full of blaring TV sets, portable generators, and blinding halogen lights just don't strike me as having much to do with getting closer to nature. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,501 Posts
You will find a number of like-minded folk here.

Sportsmobile has a gridded layout plan to play with. Please put at least your general location in your profile. There are upfitters all across the country who can and will do what you want. Slamit06 posts his creations here.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Your best bet is the People who built Steve’s Backroader: See:
and http://www.moreheaddesignlab.com
check out Steve’s blog: http://www.takethelongway.us

Oh, and Camper,
You sound like a bit of a curmudgeon and I mean that in the most respectful way being one myself. BTW there are many like minded folks here who don't give a darn for campground or camper socials or civilized amenities beyond the necessities. We have lots of campervan converters here....... just what you seem to want, NOT class B RV’s, although we have them and like them too.

Reactions: Vantastic
1 - 3 of 3 Posts