Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a promaster about a month ago from a private seller who'd put 11,000 on it. It had a partition and some shelving which I removed. My plan is to do a conversion and travel the country. I've been doing home remodeling full time for years but this is my fist van conversion.
First thing I did was insta the fantastic fan. There's something special about cutting a 14" hole in the roof before you've made a payment on the van. Thankfully everything went off without a hitch and there have been no leaks. Next I installed the 14"×21" windows on either side of the van near the rear. I cut the holes with a 3/8 drill bit and a jigsaw fitted with a fine tooth metal blade. I filed the burs, primed the raw metal and used butyl tape on both the windows and fan. I also used a lap sealant on the roof to cover the screw heads.
I bought 125' sq. Ft. Of Fatmat rattletrap sound deadner, I'm impressed with how much a difference it made! After the rattletrap was in installed 1/2 polyiso rigid foam board with a reflective face was glued to the walls. 1" board will be glued to the ceiling. After that it's on to the floor!

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
The RD seal of approval for what you have done! Please give us more pictures! I got rid of the stupid seals gif.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts