Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,095 Posts
Was told a couple years ago by a windshield replacement guy sent by my insurance company (for another Forester) that their policy was - "if the crack lines fit under a (US) dollar bill it can be repaired". Not sure if that is industry-wide or current policy though.

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
555 Posts
The glass shop that fixed my windshield chip on Monday would only repair an area smaller than a quarter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im not out of the woods yet..

I seem to have found a windshield company online and have an internet ticket created for a windshield replacement for $350 on Monday. As things progress I will speak more.

All quotes thus far have been expensive. $930, $850, $600.

Lowest quote yet but no inventory available was $280.

These aren't dealerships either, Im not planning on contacting one. In recent news, a parts manager at a Dodge Roanoke dealership was arrested for stealing $200,000 worth of catalytic convertors. The humanity.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I still don't have a windshield.

My appointment for today was canceled due to the windshield shipping/receiving a day late.

I have a new appointment for Thursday, but we will see. I hope they don't fool me twice, makes me the fool.

Humanity must conquer and unite!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Update:

The windshield has arrived at the glass shop and Im scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday!

This is what winning feels like, kids!
Windshield is installed!
Glass shop did a great job and it also resulted in some savings that were unexpected. $300 total.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts