Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How goes it Promaster community!

Purchased a used 2017 Promaster 2500 with 15k miles on it, so pretty much new. After what seemed like 100 hours of insulation research, I still cant make up my mind weather I want to instal insulation or not.

Currently living in Santa Cruz and will likely stay here or as far north as Oakland for the next few years - temperatures range from lowest 40 degrees to at MOST 90.

** I'd love to hear from California (or similar temperature ranges) van dwellers and their experience with or without insulation **

I'm honestly leaning towards going with out and heres my argument (please I'd love to hear arguments against them!) :

Moisture/ condensation:
Installing a maxxfan to allow good ventilation to combat the moisture.
Rain shields on the windows so I can crack them even when its raining.

Cold weather:
Investing in a really good sleeping bag and heavy blankets. I also have a big doggo I cuddle with :)
Ive also heard good things about small heaters??

Sound:
Wearing earplugs if its ever loud - not much of a worry though, very heavy sleeper.

Heat:
If its ever a nice hot day, I can't imagine wanting to spend it in a van???
Maxx fan and windows down and a quick drive around the block seems like it would cool it down.

I see my van as mainly a sleeping vessel, I'm going to be spending a majority of my time outside of it. I don't need it to be a luxurious thing where I'm needing for it to be comfortable all the time.

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Peace,
Nikko

1 - 2 of 2 Posts