Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have had an AirHead composting toilet for almost 2 years now. Very satisfied except for the meager ~2 gallon urine diversion tank. We ordered the piss tank with a spun-welded 1/2" fitting in the side for the future. Now is the future.

Just received the CAK224 tank from Great Britain which fits the PM. Just thought I would include a few pix prior to install which may be useful for others considering this product.

Included was the tank with integral vents in each of the two sections which nest up between the cross members. This should answer the questions of others in relation to venting and useable capacity.

Will be installing this tomorrow so if anyone has a question concerning dimensions or otherwise, speak up or hold your peace.

The J-hooks are really not useful as far as I can tell. Euro models obviously differ in hole patterns in the cross member. I plan to use rivnuts and stainless bolts through the van floor to attach the steel strapping. No real inconvenience. As you can tell from the hardware pic of what was included, the British version of what constitutes one metre of tubing for the drain varies quite differently from the NorthAmerican metre. **** Britts.

Have not decided where to run the drain to yet. Any ideas? Also, since the tank has a top outlet on both sides, the driver side outlet will be used for emergency overflow/additional venting.

20200510_120503.jpg
20200510_120503.jpg
20200510_120510.jpg
View attachment 63290

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
That's the first tank I've seen like that.
Can I ask:
What it cost,
how long it took to arrive,
capacity,
height at the tallest and lowest sections
and pics of it installed?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I ask:
What it cost,
capacity,
Thanks.
Link: Waste Water Tank Kit For Ducato, Boxer, Relay XLWB X250/290 Campervan | eBay

From ordering to DHL pickup from vendor - 3 business days. From DHL pickup to delivery to Phoenix hub - 28 hours.
Install pix will be coming as soon as FedEx delivers the Astro rivnut tool. Wow, 28 hours from GB, 6 days from NC to PHX?

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I ask:
What it cost,
capacity,
Thanks.
I really don't know how much the cost was in USD$ yet. I used some ebay gift cards so I can't check my cc statement. Whatever it was, within reason, does not really concern me considering it fits and came with the brackets. I was just getting tired of emptying 2 gallons of piss every couple of days. Now I can just open a valve every week at a dog park and letterroll.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have had an AirHead composting toilet for almost 2 years now. Very satisfied except for the meager ~2 gallon urine diversion tank. We ordered the piss tank with a spun-welded 1/2" fitting in the side for the future. Now is the future.

Just received the CAK224 tank from Great Britain which fits the PM. Just thought I would include a few pix prior to install which may be useful for others considering this product.

Included was the tank with integral vents in each of the two sections which nest up between the cross members. This should answer the questions of others in relation to venting and useable capacity.

Will be installing this tomorrow so if anyone has a question concerning dimensions or otherwise, speak up or hold your peace.

The J-hooks are really not useful as far as I can tell. Euro models obviously differ in hole patterns in the cross member. I plan to use rivnuts and stainless bolts through the van floor to attach the steel strapping. No real inconvenience. As you can tell from the hardware pic of what was included, the British version of what constitutes one metre of tubing for the drain varies quite differently from the NorthAmerican metre. **** Britts.

Have not decided where to run the drain to yet. Any ideas? Also, since the tank has a top outlet on both sides, the driver side outlet will be used for emergency overflow/additional venting.

View attachment 63285 View attachment 63285 View attachment 63286 View attachment 63285 View attachment 63286 View attachment 63287 View attachment 63288 View attachment 63289 View attachment 63290 View attachment 63291 View attachment 63292

Hi 'El Jefe'
Did you ever get the tank installed?
I am trying to figure out if I can fit two tanks under the 159". I don't have enough room on driver side due to exhaust. My exhaust is 12.5 in from the ebrake and hangs at 8in. so no way to place on the side and also no way to place above. I'm under warranty so can't move the exhaust.

Thinking might be able to squeeze in two tanks in driver side - but CAK site doesn't give very good rib dimensions on the 224. I think a 223 and 224 might be too long - but perhaps two 224 tanks will fit ??

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed on passenger side. IIRC, it would have fit on the drivers side as well. I have the 159 extended.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts