Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo, I recently purchased a 3500Promaster with the factory divider between the cab and rear. I mentioned several times to the dealer, who seemed like a very nice guy, that I would be removing it and re-installing it as I experimented with different interior arrangements and he said that would be fine. However, being the cautious guy that I am, I thought I would ask here, Is this piece in anyway structural?? I don't want the sides to collapse when I hit 70 mph or have it fold in half on speed bump. :eek: I am enjoying it so far and this site is giving lots of great ideas. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I didn't order one in my van either. Several people had mentioned that the position of the factory partition was not compatible with tall people. I'm sure the partition will add to structural strength, but the van is designed to be plenty strong without a partition also. I decided I still wanted a partition to keep the heat in front and the noise in back, so I built one out of 3/4" birch plywood. It sits on top of my WeatherGuard Itemizer tool box and goes up to another piece of plywood that is attached to the crossmember that supports the package tray over the driver's compartment. So far I like the way it fits.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The factory partition is not structural as far as the entire van is concerned it's only there for a horizontal shift of any cargo in the rear so it does not end up in the driver/passenger seats and jeopardize the safety of both passengers. I got the factory partition not for cargo, but to keep the HVAC system from having to heat/cool the entire van-much more efficient this way especially when 100+ degrees outside. As far as the seating position is concerned, not a problem for me I would much rather sit more upright, once you get used to it it's actually better for your back rather than a slumped position with white dice hanging off of rear view mirror.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts