Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a 3500 in NC and tried to ship it 2000 miles to Canada. The cheapest quote I got was $4K. While a few dollars of that was dealing with paperwork to get it into Canada, most of it was simply for transporting it on a flatbed. Even if you're shipping only 500 miles, you'll pay $2K. Much cheaper to fly there, inspect it and drive it back.

·
Registered
2019 Ram PM 3500 High Top 159" WB EXT
60 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase! To remove the floor, get some long 2x4's to pry up the floor, as well as a crowbar to get the edges of the floor up so you can get the 2x4 under. Apply slow even pressure. Don't pull up one side of the floor too much, pull it up as evenly as you can. Also keep in mind the floor along the slider door is very thin, so you can very easily bend it with your crowbar, so apply as little pressure as you can to that. Check out this video on removing the floor, doesn't do a great job showing how to remove the glue though.

Got mine out in one piece with barely any nicks on the underside of the wood floor. Getting the floor out took maybe 30 mins. Getting the glue off took a few hours, that stuff is a pain.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Congrats on your new purchase! To remove the floor, get some long 2x4's to pry up the floor, as well as a crowbar to get the edges of the floor up so you can get the 2x4 under. Apply slow even pressure. Don't pull up one side of the floor too much, pull it up as evenly as you can. Also keep in mind the floor along the slider door is very thin, so you can very easily bend it with your crowbar, so apply as little pressure as you can to that. Check out this video on removing the floor, doesn't do a great job showing how to remove the glue though.

Got mine out in one piece with barely any nicks on the underside of the wood floor. Getting the floor out took maybe 30 mins. Getting the glue off took a few hours, that stuff is a pain.
Thanks, will be sure to watch the video. Sounds like peeling a giant sticker. Mine has a layer of ply over 2x6 framing over another layer of ply over the factory flooring. Not sure why the original owner got the factory flooring if he was gonna build a platform over it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Was it a camper or work vehicle?
Could have been for storage under the floor.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts