Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if it's possible to order direct and pick up in Mexico?

Can't for the life of me get a solid answer out of any of the dealers I talk to about how long it will take, and the loose answers I get are like 3 to 5 to uhh errr months.

:)PP

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I hear ya. I am in Arizona and it's 1050 miles for me to go to Saltillo, MX. This is about 18 hours each way! From San Antonio TX it is "just" 5.5 hours so a long day to take the chicken bus to Saltillo and pick up the van and drive back through Nuevo Laredo? I like the idea but the reality? YMMV as they say. OTOH if I saved the $1000 shipping it could be a nice few days vacation?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Unions ruined it years ago. You pay for shipping, even if picked up at factory thanks to teamsters power.

When I was a kid my father picked up his dodge van at factory.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Well then I'l let them deliver it to NH in the summer when I'm there. That should get me the best shipping bang for the buck! I do appreciate that we all pay the same shipping or it would be $$$$ in New England.

·
Super Moderator
9,044 Posts
Not to mention customs and epa/dot documentation requirements.

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
I will get robbed for your van in juarez
Do you know a lot about traveling in Mexico? I live 40 miles from the border each winter and know 25-30 couples who spend lots of time there and in the countries south of MX. We go often too. All of us have some fun stories but no robberies except a little cheat at the fuel pumps over 15 years. MX is fun to make jokes about but I'd rater spend a month there than a night in many cities in the US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts