Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some progress today, and a roadblock (for a while).
Insulation done (except in back doors, waiting on bicycle rack
install for that step).
Ceiling done.
One wall section done.
Some wires run.

Now the roadblock.
Installing the Legend KK-Plus floor so far is problematic.
It is a beautiful piece of kit, very well made and solid as a brick house.
We ordered the 3 piece interlocking floor. The 'fingers'/tongues look laser cut
but so far they are not interlocking.
There's just a few ways they can be oriented so that's not the problem and I don't know
what is. Tried the rubber mallet and various tilts of one piece to the other in attempts at
union. Called it a day and will try again tomorrow.

Minor nit with the wall panel kit=missing hardware, but I'd already used button caps on the ceiling
and was pleased so used them on the wall and it works for us.
The industrial-euro look is def. there and we both like.
So MsNomer, button caps are probably just something I call them. I think most are used to hold down roofing felt.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pro! Ha! Nowhere near I say.
But I was proud at one juncture. The ceiling is one piece and a devil to hold up and try to screw down.
So we ran three bungies from side to side to hold it up--then it was easy to position side to side front to back
and then anchor with the button caps.
NOW I have to remember where the aircon and far are ;) Just dying to use my new rotozip....hope it doesn't take as long to puzzle out as the miter saw.
Might have to get on the road tomorrow to find someone to help with the floor....no more progress until it is interlocked. The electrical cabinet sits on it. I'll call the company first...maybe a dremel here and there who knows.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PopeAng that comes into Poof's world (the better-half) and the exacto-mundo trimming out. My part once the panel is over the 'bedroom' window during install on the drivers side is to pop in the Rotozip and cut out the panel revealing the window behind. Poofs job will then be to do something very much like MsNomer's window (MsNomer hope you dont mind me reposting it here. Whatever she ends up with will be simple/expedient/lightweight and in a camo pattern. Here's MsNomer's window behind her kitchen counter-
http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35706&page=14
Scroll down. I bet you've seen it before.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,556 Posts
Thanks for the compliment, but that was just a test. Yesterday, I started going a different direction--my third, IIRC. It's not an easy nut to crack, at least for the look I want. I can see how that approach in camouflage could fit your look quite well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts