Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding the Business Link on my van to be an absolute joke. I went to a dealer, who I didnt buy my PM from, in Aug to have some general service done. They fixed most of the issues, except for the brakes, after having my van for about 4 days. I was in luck because I was out of town for a week and didnt need my van. Upon my return I asked them about my Business Link account to ensure that when I need to bring it in next time I will have a rental to use. The service manager didnt show record, so he got their BL manager to come set me up. Boom, done, got the sticker a week later.

Fast forward to now. I called this same dealer again and told them about my services and issues: Oil change (2 free ones still), broken power mirror, broken rear door, loud brakes, flashing odometer, etc. This dealership is usually always backed up so he told me he might have my PM for 2 or 3 days. I ask about the rental service with the BL. The checked into it and it turns out since the vehicle wasnt sold with an attached BL I dont have a "full membership". I called the business link line and they basically told me the same thing, but to change this the dealership I bought it from "might" be able to change this.

Lucky for me, the dealership I purchased this from has been selling PM from day one, so they are looking into it. So, my question is, has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone used the BL for rentals or anything else? I was told the rental car could be issued for a short amount of time, a day or 2?

I am just wondering if this is a smoke and mirrors program and that I should just assume it doesnt exist?

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
892 Posts
Hmm. I've never asked for a rental. I didn't know it was offered. I always use the free shuttle service. They pick me up at home when the van is ready.

I did add Business Link after I purchased and I get my service at a different dealership than where I purchased. I have been extremely pleased with Business Link service at Carl Burger Dodge Ram in La Mesa, CA. They have a separate entrance and office from the rest of the dealership. The three times I have taken the Promaster in I drive past the long line of cars waiting to check in for service. There is never a wait and the service manager has always been accurate in his time estimates. Now, anything can happen. I am scheduled to take it back in for a broken power mirror.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,683 Posts
When I bought my 2011 Charger, the salesperson asked if I had a business. I said yes, a software design and consulting business. She signed me up for Business Link. I used it a few times and a rental car was provided.

When I bought the PM, I asked, and was signed up for BL at the time of purchase. My business doesn't need a van, but on the PM deal, the business paperwork also made some rebate $$$ available that reduced the sales price.

I have my PM serviced at a different dealer than where I bought it (two states away). I'm retired so I don't need to go to the front of the line, but have been offered a rental car when they wanted to keep my PM overnight once. Then again, at this dealer, they provided a free rental car when I had my Journey in for a 3 day fix, it was under warranty but not a Business Link registered vehicle.

BL has been a positive experience and I would ask for it when buying a new FCA product. I think the dealer does have something to do with how well it is administered. So far, so good!

Ed

·
Registered
42 Posts
My sales guy signed me up for BL. When I brought my van in for some service at my hometown dealer they said even though I had BL it did not enclude rental. They said they would cover it this time.

I wanted to get things straight for next time, and glad I did. My starter broke and in the two weeks it took to figure it out and fix it, I called every one. Short version, the only person able to fix it was the lady at the out of town dealership who actually enters the account on the computer. She did not check one box that made it a commercial sale to a business. I thought it was only for business but guess not.

BL paid for two weeks of grand caravan, not a commercial van but close enough.

Smoke and mirrors? At my dealer there is no difference between having BL and not, except the rental.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I signed up they took my TaxID# to verify my business. And according to the BL website, which is vague it reads:
From http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ram_commercial/businesslink/
LOANER VEHICLES
Free Alternate Transportation Contract with the purchase of any new vehicle.+

+ Vehicles must be coded as a BusinessLink sale on the NVDR and be within the 3/36 Basis Limited Warranty period. Vehicles shown with upfit equipment, bodies or components from an independent supplier . See owner's Manual for information on Alterations and Warranties
So it does state loaner vehicle in the title, however the description states alternative transportation. They also have a free shuttle service too. I now understand it is up to the dealer to determine what they want to do, rental car or shuttle you around.

I only have 1 vehicle, my PM2500, so when it goes in I have no way of getting around. I am a small business that sells stand up paddleboards, kiteboards, windsurfing and surfboards. I am not making millions of dollars here. While it would be awesome to have a second vehicle, I can barely cover the cost of this vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts