Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the PMC come with the eyes that go in the bumper for the front and or rear if the PMC is required to be be pulled up onto a rollback or out of a ditch? There is a knock out on the front and rear bumper for said screw in hook or eye.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tow Hook

Yes, there is a knock-out in the front and rear for a tow hook. However, I did not get a tow hook with the vehicle (at least I did not find one). I bought a spare tire kit that claimed the hook was included, but I did not find it there either. In the end the deal ordered it for me. Note that the vehicle does NOT come with a spare tire. Instead they provide sealant and a portable compressor. There is another thread in the forum on the spare tire issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tow Eyes

The tow hooks for the PMC are not included when you purchase the van. They are called "Tow Eyes". There are 2 tow eye sockets located 1 each on the front and rear bumpers behind little square covers on the right hand side. You use your key or small screwdriver to release the cover. Then screw in the tow eye. I ordered one from my local dealer parts department. They are not cheap. But not overly expensive either. My dealer had to order mine. It was not in stock or available locally. These are for flat low speed towing only. These are not Jeep style tow hooks made for heavy duty use. You cannot use it to lift the van off the ground or yank the van up onto a flatbed tow truck. These are not "recovery hooks". It's in the owners manual. I got one because I wanted something to hook onto if my van became disabled and needed to be moved a short distance. I have the factory tow package with receiver hitch for heavier yanking duties.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts