·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
747 Posts
If all the slots are filled on the production schedule to the end of the model year cutoff then that will be it.
Bet they have not even finalized the 2023 configuration.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
There are so many RV manufacturers now building on PM that RAM may very well have enough orders to fill 2022 Model Year. In 3 months or so they could call it a 2023 if they wanted, much like Ford has done with E-Series MY starting in January. At least chassis and RV model years will be more consistent.

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,582 Posts
Surely dealers have ordered a supply of vans, although no telling when they might arrive due to chip the shortage & shipping issues. If this is true then you'd have to find one as close as possible to your list of options and compete with others to get it. As is the case now with many vehicles, many will already be sold before even hitting the lot.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
5,601 Posts
I wouldn't believe any information coming from a dealership.

FWIW
"Ram Promaster Van, the no-compromise benchmark for durability, efficiency, connectivity and safety features, delivered its best third-quarter retail sales ever with 20,168 vehicles."
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Pattern

and the RV industry numbers are small, class B and C
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wouldn't believe any information coming from a dealership.

FWIW
"Ram Promaster Van, the no-compromise benchmark for durability, efficiency, connectivity and safety features, delivered its best third-quarter retail sales ever with 20,168 vehicles."
View attachment 78836

and the RV industry numbers are small, class B and C
View attachment 78837
when demand for class b rv goes up 113% those are fleet orders likely as well. so combined with chip shortage, 10000 Amazon vans ( plus enterprise rentals, ambulance/municipal) orders sold out beyond immediate capacity is likely the case, neither dealer i talked to indicated the order window wouldn’t reopen, it was a question of when and what MY.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I mentioned this in the thread by @carolinavangirl on regarding her 2022 order, but thought it might belong here for visibility. Looks like Ram has closed ordering for 2022s already.

View attachment 78825

Anyone (dealers?) know what's up with that? This can't seriously be the end of 2022 MY orders, can it? Any chance they will reopen later?
Talked to a 5th dealer today, 2022 SOLD OUT, RAM is moving on to planning the 2023 model, LARGE fleet orders and dealers stocking their standard lot models maxxed out factory capacity in Saltillo. The story varies across dealers but only slightly, all quite certain a new order cannot be placed now ( even if you offer MSRP+)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good for them, will be curious to see if the known issues have been addressed (leaking to engine bay, left front headlight leak, how the new tranny holds up). If the rocker arms and oil filter housing have been addressed, the Pentastar is a fairy bulletproof motor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yup and Stellantis/RAM is in on it too. the MSRP went up on a base 2500/159 from just August base $40290 now was $39870. and so did destination fee+$100.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in Indiana
5,601 Posts
FWIW,
This post is from guy on the Transit forum who knows a few people inside Ford, he does a lot of Transit special orders.

"Ford is telling us that the HR models will be a harder build and may be delayed just like they were for the 2021 models which are just now getting built. I think the problem is they have a HUGE Fleet buyer(s) and that is why they have shut off the Transit orders for fleet. Again the deal is mostly with Amazon as their vans from Rivian are not getting built as expected so they are looking at Ford and RAM to fill out their replacement vehicles until they can get the electric ones built and on the road."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a class B on order, was to be delivered March 2022....but RV manufacturer informed me the Mexico Promaster plant is closing for 10 weeks, Jan 2022 to early March for retooling, so delivery delayed. That could be part of reason new orders are closed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm confused by this, I recently put an order in at my local dodge ram dealership for a 2022 promaster 2500 high roof 159 wheelbase? Does that mean it won't be fulfilled?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm confused by this, I recently put an order in at my local dodge ram dealership for a 2022 promaster 2500 high roof 159 wheelbase? Does that mean it won't be fulfilled?
was the order in “accepted “ status ? , if not your in the same bucket as a few of us, entered in the system pending the factory acceptance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ah yeah nothing on status, I'm gonna be devastated if it can't be built in 2022 lol
Ah yeah nothing on status, I'm gonna be devastated if it can't be built in 2022 lol
you’ll have company, this is my 2nd year of being screwed by either a builder or dealer if i get shut out for 2022. All I want for XMAS is a pretty silver van, with adaptive cruise and apple car play ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
you’ll have company, this is my 2nd year of being screwed by either a builder or dealer if i get shut out for 2022. All I want for XMAS is a pretty silver van, with adaptive cruise and apple car play ;)
You tried to get the 2021 version as well? Dang. I might go with Ford if I get put for 2023

1 - 20 of 56 Posts