Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install one on their vans? I was looking at getting the stainless steel bull bar that goes in the center of the front bumper only. I know they make the kind that wraps around the headlights, but I prefer the smaller compact one. I cant find any pics online with it.

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
Lotta Bull(s) up there in Mesa? Why? My desert 4 Runner has beefy bumpers,winch, and rack because I use them. But the front of our vans has simple to replace 3 part bumpers. I’ve hit mine and repaired it too. Heat gun and a small flat bar.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We get alot of debris on the road. Ladders, semi truck tires, mattresses, dead bodies. These things can wreck the plastics of any vehicle. This is Arizona with tons of desert after all...
I did look at the images, but most of the nice ones aren't from this country.

·
Registered
922 Posts
We get alot of debris on the road. Ladders, semi truck tires, mattresses, dead bodies. These things can wreck the plastics of any vehicle. This is Arizona with tons of desert after all...
I did look at the images, but most of the nice ones aren't from this country.
Don't let that deter you. It can be surprising easy to have things delivered from other countries. The Fit RV peeps installed one they ordered from somewhere in Europe.

·
Premium Member
8,724 Posts
I’m betting most are faux protection anyway. 2” DOM tubing and plate steel is expensive and the crushable front clip on the van is not a great attachment for real protection. If it is style then any are fine if you really want protection this may not be the vehicle that it is easy to get. I hear you about stuff on the highway. Not following closely has been my best protection. I did hit a couple of concrete blocks driving into the evening sun once. It cost a bunch but a bull bar would have not saved me.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was driving passing a dump truck semi when his front tire delaminated sending the huge circular tread rolling in my lane. My pickup drove over it as I could not change lanes breaking the tire in two sending it past me and onto other cars. The other cars got wrecked. My truck rocker was bent and broke the front spoiler off. I made a U-turn at the next exit and came back to meet the trucker to ask for his insurance card. He declined and started cursing me out saying it was road hazard and to just eat the repairs to my truck. So I called the Trooper (DPS out here) and they dispatched an officer who got his information for me. The driver came up to my window and really cursed me out with threats. I stayed in my truck. One by one, other damaged cars came up asking if this was where the tire came from. I said yes and directed them to the officer who got them the drivers information. There were a total of 5 cars that had their front ends ripped apart as they drove over the tire carcass.
My wife drives a Smart car and it has the bullbar. I feel it does give some protection from some road debris too. One of the other drivers was crying in serious tears saying she just got her new Camry. I felt so bad and here this guy wasn't cooperating. Such a Jerk. In the end, he got his.
Thats my story and why I think these things can help out. I do agree that most cars front ends are made out of tin foil. Most of that design is so that if a pedestrian is hit, the car would crumple. Welcome to the disposable auto industry.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted the Romanian seller of the bullbar. For $310 it is being shipped out to me. I am excited as I think this one is a really good looking front end addition!

FIAT DUCATO by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

This one has my name on it and was shipped out today!

936ecfd5-b160-4522-88b5-aacec1ade8e4 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

I asked about the stainless steel side bars like they use on the vans in the UK. I love the Euro look.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I contacted the Romanian seller of the bullbar. For $310 it is being shipped out to me. I am excited as I think this one is a really good looking front end addition!

FIAT DUCATO by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

This one has my name on it and was shipped out today!

936ecfd5-b160-4522-88b5-aacec1ade8e4 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

I asked about the stainless steel side bars like they use on the vans in the UK. I love the Euro look.
That looks awesome. Let us know how it works out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts