Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start posting some pics of our build on our 2017 159". Its been a slow build since we keep camping in it on the weekends! Factory swivel seats up front, Plasti dipped the stock rims, added two slider windows in rear and a T vent up front, sunroof will be going in behind cab. Insulation and wall panels are in and ceiling is insulated. Lolo Rack 6 Bike upright rack off rear. Fiamma awning on passenger side. Running electrical this week then we can button up the ceiling. Probably going to slow down on the build due to temperature ( It was 29 degrees yesterday) That should give me some time to pull wires and get electronics in, finish cabinet fronts and recover financially! Still working on kitchen design (Fridge, Sink, Stove, Heater) flooring and front upper cabinets. Inverter/Solar and Batteries will go in this Spring. Any suggestions are always appreciated!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Keep us posted!

Reactions: bdub406

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks good. I like plastidip rims. What are you putting in for a sunroof? I would be interested in your setup for electrical too. I also just started on our 2017 159 too. Looks like you are farther along than I am. Fun project but a lot of work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CR Laurence 15x30 seems to be the one that fits. they go for around $200 and should be easy to install. I have broken to many plastic vent covers up here in Montana to want one on top of my van. I like the low profile of the sunroof also. Plus It will be above the kitchen area so it should provide some nice light. I'm going with a stinger solenoid to alternator charge the house battery for now and a 1500 W pure sine inverter. Probably add more later but this should get us by for a while.

·
Registered
850 Posts
The CR Laurence 15x30 seems to be the one that fits. they go for around $200 and should be easy to install. I have broken to many plastic vent covers up here in Montana to want one on top of my van. I like the low profile of the sunroof also. Plus It will be above the kitchen area so it should provide some nice light.
I have the cr laurence 15x30 sunroof. had it installed by a local conversion company. its nice, and fits the sunroof panel really well. also, it might not be clear from the description but the glass is "quick release", it removes completely in seconds leaving a real open sunroof. I may use this feature to get access to the roof rack from inside the van someday.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,654 Posts
The CR Laurence 15x30 seems to be the one that fits. they go for around $200 and should be easy to install.
I wish you were a bit closer... I have a brand new in-the-box CRL 15x30 sunroof available (went with plan b :D)....$200... not sure about shipping cost...PM me if interested, otherwise I plan to post on the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts