Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Thanks for link. I enjoyed watching not only the RV's construction but also the great ideas used to place a lot of content in a small space.

Who says PMs are limited to being a cargo or work truck because that's what they were design for? Those types of opinions expressed on this forum are so shortsighted.

By the way, I noticed the rear door hinges looked different like they would only allow doors to pivot about 180 degrees. Like single instead of dual pivot. Is that an option or was I seeing them wrong?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
In Europe the 260° hinges are optional. Also mine has only 180° hinges...
They look cleaner to me; more automotive and less commercial-truck looking. From an aesthetics standpoint I've always thought PM looks better at front. The rear looks too industrial and in part it's due to wide and rectangular doors with those bulky hinges. And extra lights don't help either. Anyway, glad to see these hinges are available in Europe. They are simpler and should be more durable. And not everyone needs to load pallets so doors that swing 260 degrees may not be of value.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually load pallets with my lifter without problems.
The standard doors have two grade of opening: 90° and, pushing a button, 180°...
The 260° doors are usefull when you use to load goods in some loading bays that have plastic fences.
I hope my english is correct...:eek:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I wonder when motorhome makers in the US will start making the high roof models as in the video. Yes, it does have extra height (so it is harder to hit a drive-through), but it definitely gives another place for a bed.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I wonder when motorhome makers in the US will start making the high roof models as in the video. Yes, it does have extra height (so it is harder to hit a drive-through), but it definitely gives another place for a bed.
I had the same question when seeing the very end of video. The vans with fiberglass roofs are quite tall but add an extra dimension. They reminded me of Mercedes Sprinter-based factory camper that also had a very tall fiberglass top with bed on top similar to a class C.

By the way, did you notice some models seem based on roof added to tall vans and others added to low roof vans? The shorter campers may start out with lower roof since they will cut it off anyway. I only noticed difference due to side doors being shorter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts