Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I clipped something with my mirror at speed and broke both the back shell and mirror on my passenger side. Its a power heat/folding short mirror. Everything still works as far as articulating and folding, but the outer shell is missing a huge chunk, exposing wiring etc......i need to fix/replace it asap, body shop was quoted 650 on the part !!! from local dealers(s), to add insult to injury its on backorder and he hasn't been able to locate one. Anyone have anything encouraging to share? I thought part of their marketing was low cost repair/ maint .......I'm going to try calling around myself tomorrow

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks.......only a couple of possibilities. Looks like ive got some calls to make in the am. I was pretty shocked to hear 650 part cost for a single mirror. At that cost I'm almost considering patching the huge hole and replacing just the glass (only the flat glass is broken), but id rather fix it right

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
That ($650) does seem high. This is the reason we did not go with the MB Sprinter. I found out the headlight cluster costs around $2000! I would have though an American auto would have less costly mirrors and such.

Hope you find a great deal!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Try eBay. Here's a link.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...RS0&_nkw=ram+promaster+mirror+heated&_sacat=0

I'm seeing mirrors in the $100-$200 range, but might not be your particular flavor.

Some are pre-owned, but probably a lot cheaper than what your body shop is charging you.

I'm getting by with a broken convex mirror on the passenger side, and I'm considering just getting a whole mirror rather than just the glass which is around $60.00 or so.

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
I think you can get one from England super cheap. Just remember you need their drivers side not passenger side. I know others here have bought them with good luck and quick cheap delivery. Try eBay UK for starters.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have purchased two mirrors through ebay. I paid $135 for one and $95 for the other, including shipping. I had to watch for a while to get them at those prices, and I had to do a minor repair on one, but you can certainly stay under $200. A lot of sellers are not very specific about the features of their mirrors, so it can be a little confusing comparing options. If you loosen your current mirror, to find the part number, you can search for the specific model. Installation is fairly easy, if you have done that sort of thing (~1/2 hour job?).

·
Registered
552 Posts
Fix the flat glass portion and you can get a set of chrome mirror covers to hide the damage for about $90 on eBay. Of course, given the size of the mirrors you blind oncoming drivers with all that chrome.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
EBay aftermarket mirror back cover! They're only 33 including new turn signal lenses (I reused the orig. Since the new one is all clear not amber inside) also got new mirror glass under 50, so for under 100 I'm back in business! The new cover fits well however it wasnt perfect.....had to hog out holes for signal mount because the new cover holds it about 1/8" forward of the holes.....but oddly enough it looks perfect from the outside. All in all I'm happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great news! I ended up finding a repo rear mirror cover on eBay, replacement glass same place. Item number 222628075191 a whole 33 bucks with shipping! Mirror was another 50 so under 100 for a mirror that is 99% good as new. The new cover almost fit perfect, I had to hog out the mounting holes for the signal to move them over about 1/8 inch, but you cant tell from the outside. All in all I highly recommend it

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts