Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed today a crack near the hinge on my fuel cap door. From day one I wondered how long this door would last. Found the concept a little flimsy. One of the rare things I liked on my 07 Sprinter was the fuel door. Much more solid, and with the drivers door overlapping it would prevent fuel theft.
I wonder if I can claim it on warranty ?
Anybody else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's going to break like that all the time, I will consider making a new door and have it hinged from the back and maybe make a lip that fits behind the drivers door, like on the Sprinter.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I ever have to make one, I will post the pictures. For now it is only cracked so I will wait.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I really like your idea especially the reverse opening and the tab behind the driver's door for security. Perhaps there is an aftermarket product here for someone?? That plastic door yells CHEEP! I'd like mine in Sandstone metallic please.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not taking orders at the moment !:laugh:

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$45 dollars, plus you got to paint it to match your truck ! Don't want that to happen to often !!

·
Super Moderator
10,142 Posts
Hard to understand why they didn't make it open from the opposite direction like the Sprinter. No extra cost to build it that way and a h-e-l-l of a lot better and practical!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The wind would tear it off. Better like it is.
True unless it was built with a tab or extension which fit behind the door so that when the fuel flap was closed the drivers door kept it closed and provided a lock feature. When you want fuel open the driver's door, open the fuel door, and close the drivers door to keep out the heat or cold while you fill up, then when getting bck in the cab close the flap, and when the drivers door closes the flap is secure from tampering or theft. No wind problem!

·
Super Moderator
10,142 Posts
That's how the Sprinter fuel door works and how the Promaster should work. MBZ got one thing correct at least!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to fill gas closed the lid and my keys caught the fuel door and cracked it in half while I was walking up to the promaster what tools are needed to replace this door? Do I need a new pin the plastic door it’s self is what cracked in half..thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts