Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the door stop ? Anyway heard a loud pop when I closed the door and didn't really look for any damage and just drove away . Later the same day upon opening the door it made a loud pop and out the corner of my eye I saw something fly past me very fast. That got my attention now and I looked at the door stop and it was busted . Also the top screw was sheared off and I think that was the piece of metal that flew past me , glad I wasn't hit by it . My van has 45,000 miles and was bought in November 2013 , I'll be going to the dealer Monday

·
Registered
253 Posts
There has been previous discussion here about the door stop on the driver's door coming loose. Mine did it within the first few thousand miles. When it was loose it would make a clicking noise when opening or closing the door. I tightened the Nylock nuts and that fixed it for a short time, but then it loosened up again. It seemed like the studs that the nuts are threaded onto are too short to properly engage the Nylock nuts. I complained to the dealer about it at my first oil change. They ended up re-installing the nuts with Locktite. So far this seems to have fixed the problem, but I've only put a couple thousand miles on since then. It is possible that if the looseness and clicking went unnoticed, the studs that secure the door stop could snap off. Maybe thats what happened to yours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered a new door stop and bolts for my promaster 38.00 . Will be interesting to see if this problem pops up for other owners . I looked at the passenger side that isn't broken and it seems to flex on the pillar when it opens maybe that is normal. Anyway the sound of that head of the bolt on the pillar letting go and whizzing by me is something I won't forget .

·
Registered
810 Posts
Where are the door stops? Near the hinges? Or near the latch B pillar? Can you please post a photo or 2 of the area and point out the stops?
Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts