Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ram ProMaster 2500 136" High, 3.0L I-4 Eco Diesel, Auto/Manual, 110k miles
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going down the highway about 65 mph. Came to a stop and warning light came on to service transmission. I shut the engine off on the side of the road. I start it back up and now it is stuck in neutral. Cannot get it out of N now. On a road trip and currently on the side of the road in Wyoming waiting on a tow truck to take it to the closest Dodge dealer which is 112 miles from where I am. I already called that dealer and they said they do have a mechanic there that does work on the diesel ProMasters and is very familiar with them. Said since our situation is urgent, they will work on it right away.

I have a 2015 Ram PM 2500 136" High Top Eco Diesel, auto/manual transmission. 110k miles.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bummer. Best of luck. During the down time educate and advocate. These things can get hairy quickly and last interminably

·
Registered
2015 diesel 118" wheelbase 3/15 build Mexico
242 Posts
Maybe disconnect battery to clear anyone else?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just curious, did u ever change the transmission fluid and the clutch actuator fluid? I don’t know if dirty fluids would cause your issue but just throwing that out. Hopefully it’s something simple like a bad ground and you’ll be on your way.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The same thing happened to me in July while on a trip. The problem ended up being the shift actuator and it took about 3 weeks to get the part, was told that the part was on “extreme back order”. Once replaced, runs great again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 diesel 118" wheelbase 3/15 build Mexico
242 Posts
I was going down the highway about 65 mph. Came to a stop and warning light came on to service transmission. I shut the engine off on the side of the road. I start it back up and now it is stuck in neutral. Cannot get it out of N now. On a road trip and currently on the side of the road in Wyoming waiting on a tow truck to take it to the closest Dodge dealer which is 112 miles from where I am. I already called that dealer and they said they do have a mechanic there that does work on the diesel ProMasters and is very familiar with them. Said since our situation is urgent, they will work on it right away.

I have a 2015 Ram PM 2500 136" High Top Eco Diesel, auto/manual transmission. 110k miles.
Keep us posted

·
Registered
2015 Ram ProMaster 2500 136" High, 3.0L I-4 Eco Diesel, Auto/Manual, 110k miles
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, got the van back last night. The transmission computer had to be re-flashed. Also, the cap to the dot4 fluid for the slave cylinder was missing and all of the fluid was gone. They refilled the system, bled the system and put a cap on it. Drives like new again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts