Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an issue and need help.

my dash shows several thing in bright red-aok. however i can't seem to bighten up the rest of the backlighting of the speedometer/fuel/temp etc. i'm sure there is a control

any help thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,493 Posts
Don't think so, unfortunately. The gauges are very difficult to read especially in daylight!

·
Banned
66 Posts
Page 24 of the user guide.

Dimmer Controls
The dimmer controls are located on the left side of the instrument panel below the instrument cluster.
• Push and release the UP button to increase the brightness of the instrument panel lights.
• Push and release the DOWN button to decrease the brightness of the instrument panel lights.
On our ProMaster Citys the instrument panel light brightness can only be set when the headlights are on. I'm not sure if that is the case on the ProMaster.

·
Super Moderator
10,493 Posts
Are we talking about a Promaster or the City here? No matter how high you turn up the lights on the Promaster they are still too dim (for me)! The City I have no knowledge about At all.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have trouble reading the speedo and tach in daylight especially when wearing sun glasses. Dealer told me there was no way to solve this problem except to turn on the full nighttime headlights (I already have daytime running lights) so the dimmer controls for night time dash lighting can be used in the daytime. Is this correct or am I missing something?

·
Registered
888 Posts
You listening FCA, dash should light up, day AND night. You have to wonder if anyone at FCA actually drives one!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Hmmmm. I must be doing something wrong.
im 62 and need reading glasses..
BuT, I don't have an issue with reading my gauges day or night.
In the daytime, the red needles lined in thin white stands out well againt the dark charcoal backround with the off white hash marks and letters and numerals.
and i always have the lights on and my electronic display is bright enough.
No issues at night with either the display or the gauges.
hmmmmmmmm

·
Super Moderator
10,493 Posts
Hmmmm. I must be doing something wrong.
im 62 and need reading glasses..
BuT, I don't have an issue with reading my gauges day or night.
In the daytime, the red needles lined in thin white stands out well againt the dark charcoal backround with the off white hash marks and letters and numerals.
and i always have the lights on and my electronic display is bright enough.
No issues at night with either the display or the gauges.
hmmmmmmmm
You must have "young eyes" jb!>:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts