Ram Promaster Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Well I think a brand new trucks brakes should not sound like the rotors are grinding and screeching on a caliper lol..... I took the truck in for this issue twice now and my service advisor told me that the pad material was not designed for the weight a lot of us are pulling around. He explained that ram is well aware of the issue and they are working on it. Who knows if we will get new pads out of it. Probably not.
Ask that service advisor why folks who aren't carrying the weight he mentions are suffering with the same noise???

He sounds like another sap making sorry excuses for Rams poor choice in brake pads...

Ask that service advisor why folks who aren't carrying the weight he mentions are suffering with the same noise???

He sounds like another sap making sorry excuses for Rams poor choice in brake pads...
I think the more wieght you have the less noise you'll hear. When I had 9200# from Florida to Colorado I had no brake squeal. Also after I get some heat in the pads I have little to no noise no matter what my wieght is. I think the pads are appropriate for a fully loaded van and a lighter van they struggle to get the pads up to tempeture.

I also understand we get the bigger, more powerful brakes on the NA Promaster which sorta makes the dealers line just some more BS to give to what they consider "dumb consumers"!

All my previous e 350 vans I've had the brakes never sounded like my Promasters do. I wonder if all the fiat ducatos in Europe have had the same issue? You would think that ram would put the right pads on with this truck With it being out so long in europe?

I wonder if all the fiat ducatos in Europe have had the same issue?
I went on a French and on an U.K.forum and asked the question. I didn't have many replies (15), some said that they have that problem, but it doesn't seam generalized as it is here.

Anyways, I stopped worrying about that issue, now that I know that they are working on it.

I've complained about my right front brake squeeling since new in April of 2014. Today the rear door would not unlock. Seemed to be not unlatching at the top. Took it back to the dealer. They will look at it Friday, plus install new brake pads. We'll see, I'm not holding my breath.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.