Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front pads are getting thin...almost to the point to where they will be getting into the sensor wire...What light if any will pop on or will it be a message in the info area? Pads should be here in the next day or two...thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No metal piece that I see. Just the sensor wire. As a general opinion, these brakes suck. 35k and both front and rear pads are just about gone and rotors grooved. Really surprised how small they really are compared to my previous E-250.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If they have the metal piece that makes the squeal, how would you differentiate that between the noise of needing new pads and the squeal that the brakes always make?

Dealer replaced my squealing brakes, new pads and rotors, almost a month ago and guess what?....

THEY STILL SQUEAL!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine started squealing @ 22k. Dealer would not warranty mine...said I needed to complain before 12k. Still cant believe both front and rear pads are pretty much used up by 35k and rotors worn pretty good too..Oh well, got some after market pads on it now..see how they do

·
Registered
473 Posts
No metal piece that I see. Just the sensor wire. As a general opinion, these brakes suck. 35k and both front and rear pads are just about gone and rotors grooved. Really surprised how small they really are compared to my previous E-250.
I have to disagree with you here. The brake pads on mine are about 1/2 worn and I'm at 62K. I'll bet they make it over 100K! On my last van, a GMC 3500 I would be on my 3rd set of pads because they only lasted about 20-22K miles. These brakes are both larger and way more effective than my old work vans. The GMC brakes would overheat in the mountains and warp the rotors if I wasn't careful. These have been bulletproof. I don't know why yours didn't last very long. You must do a lot of city or mountain driving with a heavy load. Do you drive with 2 feet? I've seen a lot of people lately accelerating with their foot on the brake...annoys the **** out of me.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Mine lasted 70 miles. Better replace as soon as you get the warning light. I didn't and boy I wish I would have.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I must have got some bad parts when they made mine...Half city half hwy driving with an occasional 2 or 3k load, but those dont go but a couple of miles when I get them. Most of my driving is empty for the most part.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Low 1500. Got all pads on all around about 250 miles ago and the service brake pads light is coming on again! Does this need to be cleared out of the computer? I doubt the pads are worn already but the way this van has been lately, it sure wouldnt surprise me! Pretty sure I got one of the worst ones they have ever made! Build date 9-2013. I knew there must have been a reason it was still on the lot 5-2015...

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
The pads have a wire for sensing wear. Did the replacement pads have it? Some don't and that may be part of it. Get the code cleared where that did the pads to find out. Early adopters pay a price generally. Better luck will come when you get it sorted as the design is sound.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The 1500 were suppose to have smaller, lighter duty brakes but there has been some dispute that they all have the same brake setup. I can't fathom how yours wore out so quickly and mine on my 3500 extended that is loaded and unloaded everyday to near max capacity are at about at 60,000+ miles? If they are all the same yours should have lasted well past 100K.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts