Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I deliver antiques , I brought in my 2017 3500 for a strut replacement , my mechanic replaced it but after noticed ESC light on then when pushed on brakes all the brake lights went off. He tried for 2 hours to find the cause, went back over his work ect. Can not find it. Went and got a new brake switch thinking it was that, and he says when he resets the computer they work, but as soon as you push on brake pedal they all go out.

it’s a nightmare because I was supposed to leave tomorrow at 5am on a 3000 mile 15 customer week long delivery run so this has screwed me bad. Mechanic doesn’t know what to do as he feels he checked everything. He is going to ask the dodge dealer tomorrow but I’ve had even worse luck with them which is why I don’t go there typically.

any suggestions would be very much appreciated. At this point I’ll have to waste my profit renting a Penske which blows. But still want my van fixed.

·
Premium Member
8,043 Posts
The driver’s side strut requires the fuse panel near it to be removed. He needs to look there. Pinched wire? Short?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Ill have him check fuse block as it is the drivers side strut. I’ll post the solution once he finds it. Hopefully sooner than later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my mechanic just called and found that when removing the fuse block a pin ripped out and got stuck in block. Costing me another 400$ ( from dealer ) for a part I could have gotten way less used I’m sure Thanks for all your help. Hope it helps someone in future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts